About the role
Cedarhurst Living, LLC believes in serving our residents to the best of our ability. This includes providing our residents with a quality dining experience and excellent customer service. We envision dining within our communities to be that of a fine dining restaurant. As a part-time Dining Server at Cedarhurst Living you will provide a top-notch dining experience for our residents and their families. You will be responsible for helping prepare food, serve and assist residents that need help eating their meals. Additionally, youll assist with all catering services, room service, special party needs and marketing functions. You will work alongside the Dining Services Director to ensure the best dining experience for our residents and create a pleasant and sanitary dining area.
Like Cedarhurst, you are committed to excellence, understand the importance and impact of quality person-centered care and are passionate about seniors. You thrive on building relationships with a goal of making a difference in peoples lives. You will promote our community lifestyle, its amenities and life enriching programs, and achieve a level of customer service that identifies with our servant-heart standards of operation
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent AND 0-2 years of previous experience
* Basic knowledge of all Federal, State, and facility regulations regarding sanitation and infection control.
* Supports all catering, room service, special party needs, marketing functions, etc.
* Take drink and food orders, serve residents and guests in a professional and efficient manner.
* Maintains a clean work area by assisting with washing all pots, pans and cooking utensils used to prepare a meal.
* Required to: clear, sanitize and set tables, remove garbage from the kitchen and clean trash containers, thoroughly review and complete daily checklist of duties for maintaining and cleaning kitchen and dining areas.
* Required to assist in cleaning work areas, dining room floor, dining room tables, and dining room chairs after each meal and occasionally after special events, sweep, vacuum, and mop floor at the end of shift.
* Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
* Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
* Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
* Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
* Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends when necessary.
* Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible.
What you need to know when considering a career with Cedarhurst
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence, dignity and individuality. We believe its important to take time to get to get to know the residents youll be serving and to put into practice our company values:
* Passionate about what you do and the care you provide.
* Trustworthy trust is earned by outstanding service and dedication to our residents.
* Empathetic toward the residents we serve; and be there to listen, assist and above all else care.
* Positive in your interactions with our residents providing them with a memorable and pleasant experience.
* Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the attention, dignity and independence, they deserve.
* Approachable together we are family. Honest care and personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.