Commercial Kitchen Service Technician
Location: Houston, TX
Employment/FLSA Status: Full-time, Regular, Non-Exempt (Hourly)
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
What's in it For You:
* On-the-job training with available on-demand technical support as well as ongoing formal hands-on and classroom training at our National Training Kitchen. Professional CFESA certifications with the potential for advancement.
* Receive a company service vehicle, fuel card, tablet and cell phone for business use
* Market-leading benefits program including 401k and paid time off
* Take charge of your career through growth opportunities including advanced technician and management positions
What You Will Do:
* Partner with restaurant and hospitality managers to offer comprehensive service solutions for commercial cooking, refrigeration, ware-washing, and other specialty food service equipment
* Demonstrate your mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills and ability to read diagrams and schematics
* Properly troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Commercial Kitchen Equipment, including cooking, refrigeration, ware-washing and other specialty food service equipment
* Communicate with manufacturers as needed to help with diagnoses and parts identification
* Consult with the Technical Assistance Group for technical support while onsite
* Install all parts ordered for the customer in a timely and professional manner and in line with company policy
* Promote and recommend other services provided by Smart Care to customers when needed
* Produce accurate and timely administrative documents, such as work orders, time reporting, receipts, and truck stock inventory
* Follow safe work practices and accident prevention procedures
* Maintain a neat and orderly service vehicle, along with accurate parts and tool inventory
* Maintain productivity levels in accordance with company standards
* Ability to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, reach, and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds
* Ability to work with moving mechanical parts, pressurized steam equipment, open flames, heated surfaces, liquids, and risk of electrical shock in damp, humid, or freezing conditions
* Ability to work on ladders, roofs, and other high places
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 1 year of technical experience with refrigeration, appliance repair, kitchen equipment, HVAC, or relevant military service
* Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record
* Willingness and ability to be involved with the emergency on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends
* Availability for occasional overnight travel as assigned
* Immigration sponsorship not provided for this role
* Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA)
* Commercial refrigeration and/or commercial cooking equipment repair experience
* Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision
About Smart Care Equipment Solutions:
Smart Care's mission is to help make every commercial kitchen ready-to-serve their customers. To do so we are committed to being America's best Commercial Kitchen Equipment service company by delighting customers during every service experience and building our team of the industry's top technicians. Come join us to be part of our exciting growth plan and build a career with other dedicated team members.
As a Technician you will be at the heart of our operations by diagnosing, repairing, and providing planned maintenance on a broad range of cooking, refrigeration, and dishwashing equipment. Your work makes you a valuable partner to our customers by helping them improve their food service operations, equipment uptime, and overall profitability. Smart Care's industry leading technical training, mobile-technologies, and technical support provide the opportunity for you to rapidly expand your expertise and grow your career in this dynamic industry. If you're ready for a new and exciting challenge, it's time to get smart with Smart Care!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Smart Care Equipment Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities, as well as all other qualified individuals, are encouraged to apply.