Brief Team and Position Summary:
- Our Food and Beverage Division partners with clients to assure quality and safety throughout the supply chain through certification, verification, training and assessment activities.
- As independent THIRD-PARTY auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to provide the highest quality and Food safe products.
- Our auditors perform 3rd party quality and/or Food safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers.
- Auditors focus on clients certification according to their individual qualifications.
- Food and Beverage auditors work with clients large and small at locations around the country to improve and ensure quality and safety at all points along the value chain.
Tasks May Include: (Essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Performs 3rd party certification audits for US and Canada F&B customers to SQF, BRC, or FSSC standards
- Performs 2nd party quality and/or Food safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
Requirements: (Mandatory qualifications for this position)
- Education: A degree in a food related or bioscience discipline
- Years of related experience: 5+ years in Food & Beverage manufacturing or QA.
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Course (Min 20 Hr HACCP alliance recognized)
- SQF/BRC/FSSC Lead Auditor recognized Course (one or more required).
- Have completed required number of observations, team auditor and acting lead auditor audits to be qualified as a lead auditor (audit log copy required).
- Ability to read/interpret audit protocols and work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to audiences of varying size, seniority and technical competency
- Able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs in addition to transporting one's own luggage for multiple-day travel and push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel with that which is lifted, carried, or transported.
- Able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time and maneuver throughout multiple levels of client sites either by stairs or elevator
- Ability to travel extensively and when needed, this can include weekends and may sometimes result in disagreement or confrontation;
Preferred Skills (Not Required): (what qualifications would be helpful?)
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification (With NACE Codes For Food Plant Audits)
- provided by Dice