Majordomo is a California restaurant from Momofuku inspired by the diverse culinary offerings of Los Angeles. It features a Chef's counter, bar, private dining room, and heated patio with artwork by James Jean and David Choe.
Momofuku Bartenders are the representative of the restaurant to guests. Bartenders are responsible for assembling and serving alcoholic beverage while guiding guests through the Momofuku experience. Momofuku bartenders are expected to give service that is knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful while upholding company standards and values in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Oversee and guide guest's complete dining and bar experience
* Provide knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times
* Full knowledge of food and beverage menu items including the major components of a dish/drink; this may include ingredients and their source, simple descriptions of unfamiliar ingredients, preparation, and/or execution of correct food and beverage service
* Adhere to all company service standards and protocols
* Uphold Momofuku standards of quality when assembling alcoholic beverages for guests
* Responsibly serve alcoholic beverages
* Support team with beverage service to all dining room areas
* Confident and correct use of POS system for order entry and payment processing
* Ensure food and beverage arrive to guests quickly and correctly; and confirming guest satisfaction
* Maintain the cleanliness of bar tools and bar areas
* Ensure guests are charged correctly and receive proof of payment in a timely manner
* Communicate respectfully with chefs (and kitchen team) as necessary
* Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
* Stocking and preparing bar service related items
* Adhere to grooming and dress code standards
Skills & Requirements
* Minimum 2 years of bartending experience in a high volume environment
* Strong beverage knowledge and a passion for the service industry
* Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
* Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude
* The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.