We are seeking dynamic and motivating people to work at the Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café. The associate will be responsible for the daily assigned operations of the café, insure the visual appearance of the café, high standards of customer service, and accurate cash handling. This is a very "hands-on" position, requiring physical activity. COVID-19 vaccine required.
* Customer service: greeting each visitor, offering help, accurately completing register transaction and suggest additional items to order.
* Perform simple food preparation task such as making sandwiches, cutting fruit and making salads. Ability to work grill, fryer and sandwich station.
* Cook only a minimum amount of food, such as hamburgers, chicken tenders and corndogs.
* Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces and utensils.
* Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in work area.
* Measure portions required for specific food items being prepared.
* Read order slips or receive verbal instruction as to food required by patron and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
* Clean, stock and restock: workstations, freezers and display cases.
* Store unused food properly, including, writing the date and the name of the food being stored.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Uniform: Make sure that you always have on proper uniform. (Hats and hairnets should always be on - no excuses.)
* Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by supervisor at any time.
* Prefer some cash register or food preparation experience.
* Must possess strong customer service skills and good math skills.
* Will be required to pass a criminal background check and drug screening. Work schedules vary at 20-29 hours per week.
* Must be able to work Thursday evenings for Free Family Night, weekends (Saturday and Sunday both), Summer, and some holidays.
* Understanding and knowledge of safety
* Sanitation and food handling procedures
* Interacting with staff and visitors
* Light lifting over 5 lbs. and up to 25 lbs. - frequent over 40% and up to 70%.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Works with food processing equipment (fryer, grill, slicer etc)
* Handles food
* Handles cash, checks, &/or credit cards
* Handles confidential information
* Weekend work required
* Inside Gallery/Shop conditions for majority of work time
* Requires work time both indoors and outdoors