Are you the one to make our vision come true? Passionate about serving with a curiosity to find the unusual, the unexpected, the surprising?
Have you ever considered working at Grocerant?
My Deli Market is not just a restaurant, a Cafe, not even a Deli or a Grocery. It is when the local supermarket becomes your new and favorite restaurant, conceived to support the revolution of urban living when people are looking for amenities and little pleasures in their lives. Grocerant is the new concept in which experts consider to be the future of foodservice. A grocerant gives the consumer an opportunity to pick up a ready to eat or ready to reheat meal in which they do not have to cook themselves.
My Deli Market is the perfect place for food lovers (Foodies) - to work at and to come eat. If you are curious and passionate about food, wine and beer - and simply cannot resist experimenting with new foods - My Deli Market is the place for you.
Because My Deli Market is all about the experience, we need people that anticipate the needs of our neighbors and consistently deliver great customer service. The future has arrived. Are you the right person to join us in the journey?
If you are interested in being part of the My Deli Market family please Apply to FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR position and we will get back to you soon.
Financial Administrative Coordinator Job Description
Technical, accurate and control driven. As our Financial Administrative Coordinator, you will lead our BOH operation and help our team members in achieving their goals delivering exceptional customer service experience.
My Deli Market is seeking a Finance / Administrative specialist focused on budgeting, accounts receivable and payable, vendor management, cash flow control. Experienced in financial/administrative management software, data input/output and administration to improve vendor, project, customer and employee management. Highly focused on efficiency, having the skills and knowledge to reconcile accounts on a daily basis to improve cost control accuracy in a timely manner. Very determined individual, organized and multi-tasker, seasoned in keeping meticulous financial/administrative records.
- Work on a fast paced environment with competing demands helping build up processes and procedures;
- Support on quote analysis and prepare executive summaries for final decision-making process;
- Spearhead the organization of the construction;
- Interface with utilities companies to set the company accounts and activate services
- Wide range of administrative activities, for example, but not restricted to: support-related tasks involving clerical, administrative functions, property management, scheduling and bookkeeping tasks.
- Prepare reports and keep Investor's updated
- Personnel Management Systems, processes and procedures:
- Talent Acquisition: Assists in screening applicants, interviews, and selecting employees to fill vacant positions with management group;
- Onboarding: ensures all new hire paperwork is in good order prior to employment, specifically I-9 documentation and background checks (fully cleared at selection phase)
- Employee Data Management: ensures confidentiality of all employee data and maintains a professional approach to sensitive matters
- Payroll: design a payroll process, responsible to process all payments for staff, controlling overtime and creating reports for approval, in compliance with all of the legal requirements related to employee relations, including social security, medicare, federal and mandatory requirements
- Benefits: define, quote and approve benefits providers. Manage employee enrollment and overall benefits administration
- Off boarding: Process terminations and all applicable exit procedures, including I-9 impacts
- Compliance: guardian of all payroll taxes, deductions and applicable laws in regards to employees pay
- Cash Flow Management (Accounts Payable, Reconciles daily EFT deposits and EFT off-line declines and charge backs etc)
- Reports cash, sales, inventory, and accounts payable discrepancies or suspicious activity
- Reviews, corrects, submits, and processes time punches, edits, and information to payroll.
- Prepares corrections and check requests for semi-monthly payroll (24 payrolls/year).
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Count money and make bank deposits
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal, pest control, grease trap cleaning etc
- Orders and maintains inventory of office, store supplies and uniforms
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word with knowledge of specialized bookkeeping or accounting software, have the ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment, and totals all checks, cash, and credit cards from the previous day
- Maintain current knowledge of office procedures and policies relating to cash reports, register checkups, deposits, and checks, and ensure all store office functions are completed correctly and on time.
- Ability to work varied hours/days/holidays as business dictates.
- Provide direct support for the CEO
- Minimum 3 years of experience at food retail and/ or hospitality, with client facing experience
- Desired bachelor or associate degree
- Languages: English and Spanish required, 3rd is a plus
- Good communicator both in writing and speaking skills to oversee store communication
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Be good with people
- Leadership attitude
- Problem-solving skills have to be as good as ever
- Must be a tenacious taskmaster with extremely high attention to detail and the ability to ensure effective use of time and productive interactions with others.
- This position is often aware of confidential information and requires effective communication skills, diplomacy, discretion and good judgement, as well as knowledge of the organization to effectively facilitate scheduling and coordination of other tasks.
- Client orientation and a passion for serving others
- Empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Stress management
- Problem-solving / dependable
- Proactiveness / Strategy and innovation
- Cultural awareness
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must be available for weekend/holyday shift