WHO WE ARE
We're not in the wing business. We're in the flavor business. It's been our mission to Serve the World Flavor since we first opened in 1994, and we're just getting started. 1997 saw the opening of our first brand partner operated Wingstop location, and by 2002 we had served the world one billion wings. It's flavor that defines us and has made Wingstop one of the fastest growing brands in the restaurant industry.
Above all else - our success is largely due to our people and our core values, or what we call The Wingstop Way of being entrepreneurial, service-minded, fun and authentic. We believe having a strong people foundation centered on these collective values creates a crave-worthy culture and talented team, as well as ensures our brand is poised for accelerated growth. We all win together.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Restaurant Systems to lead the POS support desk and administration team as you manage the daily aspects of third-party partner relationships. In this role, you will pursue operational excellence for our domestic locations, seeking opportunities for process improvement while building and supporting Franchisee relationships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the lifecycle management of restaurant software and hardware, including related updates and implementations.
- Serve as an advisor for international markets as they select and/or implement POS systems.
- Drive process and platform improvements that support improved service and functionality for our restaurants.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, translating business objectives into concrete, actionable items.
- Use your industry knowledge and collaborative approach to drive overall technology strategy for our restaurants.
- Provide technical leadership for the NCR Aloha Administration team and POS Support Desk team, including hiring and mentoring new talent.
- Lead the priority-setting process across a diverse group of business users and Franchisees, to define and fulfill menu and POS changes.
- Lead the planning, development, and execution of multiple, simultaneous projects with department heads and vendor resources.
- Manage/lead the daily operations of your team, balancing projects, enhancements, upgrades, and other related restaurant support items.
- Serve as a key point of contact for escalations, for our Franchisees.
- Partner with vendors and cross-functional resources to resolve issues, achieve budget requirements, and manage the application and hardware lifecycle.
- Partner with Development and Operations teams on New Restaurant Openings, ensuring hardware and software is always available and on-time to open new restaurant sites.
- Provide thought leadership and process reengineering to improve processes and increase efficiencies across teams.
WHO YOU ARE
- HUMBLE: You believe there is always opportunity to further your personal and professional growth. Armed with 15+ years of experience in Information Technology, you have proven success leading multiple projects from planning through rollout in multi-location business environments (restaurant, retail, or hospitality). Experience with NCR is even better!
- HUNGRY: You have a fire in you to keep pursuing excellence. You have strong business knowledge and an analytical mindset, easily managing projects across business lines, technical teams, and external vendors.
- SMART: You have a high degree of emotional intelligence with 10+ years of experience planning and leading transformational projects, using your exceptional written/verbal communication skills. You possess a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other business-related field. Big 4 Consulting experience is definitely preferred.
- SERVICE-MINDED: You consider others at every turn by creating a positive, collaborative environment. You have at least 3 years of experience managing Service desks and using ticketing systems to provide excellent service within established SLAs.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: You work with an owner's mentality and enjoy building collaborative and productive relationships with your colleagues. You are known for fostering a team mentality with those you work with.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
So, what does 'all in a day's work' look like to a Wing Expert in this role? Your day could shape up like this:
- Frequent use of a computer and other technology essential to the successful completion of your everyday roles and responsibilities.
- Frequent use of mental energy while expressing or exchanging ideas and information with cross-functional colleagues, Franchisees, and extended Wingstop team.
- Routine need to shift priorities among simultaneous projects, while upholding quality and a sense of urgency.
Wingstop provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.