Gopuff is seeking a District Operations Manager so support our growing Fresh Food + Kitchen Business in the Florida area!
The District Operations Manager (DoM) role is crucial to contributing to the success of goPuff Fresh Food team by leading and managing all kitchens based in their districts and their respective teams (both Kitchen Leads and Kitchen Associates). This role is expected to create and maintain a positive experience for all of our customers and staff. We expect the DoM to support multiple units and assist with future launches after shoring up any existing kitchens. Responsibilities will include hiring/interviewing/training ALL new kitchen staff, improving the food program, vendor management, inventory control, budgeting, menu management, and growing the business in accordance with goals.
- Create and manage a repeatable process to hire A-players for Gopuff kitchens
- World class trainer and process developer. You are going to "write the book" on how we implement systems, hold team members accountable and develop your team for future growth
- Support your Regional team as they launch the next wave of kitchens. This will involve rolling up your sleeves and coordinating well with Gopuff counterparts
- Ensure the trains run on time. Every operating day, ensure your kitchens open on time and properly with the opening checklist, and ensure your kitchens close properly according to the closing checklist, and any systemic issues are immediately escalated for resolution
- You are responsible for all customer interactions at your kitchens - everything that your teams do well is a reflection of you; everything that your team does poorly or fails to do is also a reflection of you. The buck stops with you.
- Understand the drivers for sales within your kitchens. Review important KPI's weekly with your team and proactively work to meet your goals.
- Displays a customer-first attitude by training and holding kitchen associates accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
- Demonstrates a professional and calm demeanor at all times - especially during periods of high volume and stress.
- Cultivates and maintains a positive vibe within the team and kitchen.
- Plans, communicates and delegates responsibilities and practices to Kitchen Leads and Associates to ensure a positive and smooth flow of operations.
- Coaches and directs Kitchen Leads and Associates to help reach operational goals.
- Acts as an objective observer to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement.
Execution and Communication
- Utilizes existing tools to communicate with both team members and leadership while using discretion to filter communications when necessary.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
Provide associates with coaching, feedback, and positive reinforcement to build effective teams:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with partners in the district by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Utilize and demonstrate effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team resulting in an environment where associates are valued and respected.
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments by using existing programs as well as by finding new creative and effective methods of recognition.
- Ensure team members adhere to legal and operational, and state health department compliance requirements
- Manage associates by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback and setting goals to improve team performance.
- Develop strong relationships with MFC partners in the district to ensure smooth operations. Work closely alongside the GM, OA's, Dispatch and Drivers Ops teams to achieve target KPI's