About the JW Marriott Nashville:
The JW Marriott Nashville Hotel offers the ideal location for leisure, business and meeting guests in the heart of downtown Nashville, adjacent to the state-of-the-art Music City Center. The first-to-market JW Marriott property includes 533 guestrooms, inclusive of 37 suites, along with a broad array of amenities. The 33-story hotel features 50,000 square feet of indoor function space, an expansive 10,000 square-foot outdoor pool and lounging deck overlooking the city skyline, and a 13,000 square-foot outdoor event lawn, as well as a 15,000 square foot event lawn.
Owned and operated by Turnberry, the JW Marriott Nashville is located at 201 8th Ave. South, Nashville, TN. To learn more, visit the official JW Marriott Nashville website at or follow the hotel on social media via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following:
- Managing Sales Activities:
- Manages the sales efforts for the property including local corporate and social catering - this will include events/conferences/meetings/galas/fundraisers/and luxury weddings, as well as sales for Bourbon Steak Restaurant private dining, Bourbon Sky Bar private events, and Cabana Club Pool cabana sales.
- Handles more complex social and local corporate catering opportunities.
- Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the property.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events.
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
- Designs, develops and sells creative catered and restaurant events.
- Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
- Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Ensures that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the ownership.
- Provides day to day assistance and supervision to catering sales associates that are on-property.
- Contracts and closes local catering and social business and confirms that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
- Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
- Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Maintain the integrity and luxury environment of Sales & Catering for JW Marriott Nashville at all times.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Build Successful Relationships:
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Sales Office, Area Sales,Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not multiplicative.
- Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the property level.
- Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to monitor guest satisfaction.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- 1-2 years of local/social catering sales, including weddings, conference / event servicing / catering experience
- Experience in a luxury hotel is required
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment
- Strong culinary and beverage knowledge and interest
- Knowledge and understanding of the Hotel guest room inventory, event spaces, and restaurant outlets
- Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively, with an acute sense of detail
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Sales & Catering, CI/TY and Social Tables
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a busy environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be organized, personable and enthusiastic
- Degree in Hotel / Hospitality Administration from a recognized University/College/Polytechnic Institute preferred
- Certification in Catering, Meeting Planning, or Weddings strongly preferred (eg. CMP, CPCE, etc)
Typical Physical / Mental Demands:
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit for prolonged periods
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch
- Must use hands to reach, grasp, handle, pull and push
- Must have good near and far vision
- Must be able to hear, talk, smell