As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and, importantly, service. As a Restaurant Host/Hostess, you'll provide a delightful memorable guest experience by providing guest with a delightful greeting in a prompt and courteous manner; seat guests ensuring a balanced workload among servers. Maintain accurate waiting list as needed. Alert guests when table is available.
* Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner; seat guests ensuring a balanced workload among servers. Maintain accurate waiting list as needed. Alert guests when table is available.
* Receive payments and process transactions according to established policies and procedures; give correct change; balance cash drawer at close of shift; complete all opening/closing paperwork; document voids on void balance sheet.
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
* May process take-out orders; may answer room service phone and process room service orders; practice up-selling techniques.
* May routinely clear and reset tables and assist with opening tasks such as assigning stations to servers.
* Manage open table reservations
* May be asked to handle guest complaints and special requests.
* May assist with other duties as assigned.
Basic reading, writing and math skills and 1 year plus cash handling experience or food service experience.
* Strong -Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 lbs (plates, utensils, menus, etc.) Handling food objects, products and utensils, Bending, stooping, kneeling
* Literate - Frequently standing and moving around. Using a keyboard. Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit, quantities, and variances. Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
* Compliant - as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you'll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
* Articulate - Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other supervisors, hotel staff and hotel guests.
* Flexible - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled