The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining the accounting records and preparing financial statements. This position will work with the Controller to ensure accuracy, organization, and efficiency. The Staff Accountant is expected to have an impact on process improvement, cost control, and adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
· Compute taxes owed and prepare sales, use and CAT tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
· Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
· Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
· Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
· Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
· Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
· Other tasks as assigned. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Royal, our mission is to nourish our communities by delivering fresh ingredients, valued partnerships, and unparalleled customer service. We invite you to join us in this mission! Founded in Atlanta in 1994, we are the Southeast's premier distributor of fresh produce and dairy products. Over the years, we have established a strong commitment to sustainable agriculture, technological innovation, and customer satisfaction. We depend on a highly interconnected, collaborative effort from all of our divisions…buyers, sales, marketing, warehousing, quality assurance, transportation, finance, and administration. By working together as a team, we are able to provide the best products and the best service for all of our customers. Together, we are family; rooted in our passion for excellence!
Job Type: Full-time