COME BLAZE YOUR OWN WAY!! Blaze Pizza, LLC, headquartered in Pasadena, CA is a fast-growing chain operating over 300 restaurants in 42 states, Canada, and Kuwait. Known for its chef-driven recipes, thoughtful interior design, and a service culture that celebrates individuality. This Franchise Business Consultant position will play an integral role in contributing to the success of our restaurants through wonderful guest experiences, food safety, product quality and overall restaurant excellence. Founded by Elise and Rick Wetzel (co-founder of Wetzel's Pretzels), Blaze Pizza is backed by private equity firm Brentwood Associates and founding investors that include LeBron James, Maria Shriver, movie producer John Davis and Boston Red Sox co-owner Tom Werner.
The Franchise Business Consultant leads all aspects of franchise restaurant operations and business consulting within 50-75 franchise restaurants. Responsible for leading excellence in day-to-day franchise operations; ensures and enforces brand standard adherence; applies problem solving/process improvement techniques; conducts operational assessments and creates action plans; influences franchisees to drive business results through the development of a trusting and mutually beneficial working relationship.
Franchise Business Consultant Responsibilities
- Leads by example by being a purpose-driven champion of the Blaze Pizza culture and values
- Ensures the integrity of the Blaze Pizza brand in franchisee restaurants
- Develops and nurtures trusting and mutually beneficial business relationships with franchisees
- Ensures operational, food safety, and marketing brand standards are adhered to
- Supports market development planning and new restaurant opening process
- Trains, coaches, and supports new and current franchise owners with training, systems execution, new restaurant openings, construction, and recruitment
- Conducts a comprehensive annual business review of the franchisee's operational and financial performance
- Communicates opportunities, performance gaps, and areas of influence to the Director, Franchise Operations and Chief Restaurant Officer
- Provides leadership for each territory/area to ensure guest satisfaction goals are met
- Leverages guest programs to coach and improve on execution opportunities
- Designs and manages the delivery of key soft and technical skills programs which train, coach and hold franchise accountable for executing the brand's guest experience program and guest recovery
- Be uncompromising in the best-in-class execution of local regulation around food safety and health standards for employee working conditions, and their company safety and security policy
- Ensures the brand's marketing calendar is executed and manages solid training and operations execution of marketing promotions
- Trains and coaches Franchisee operations and restaurant teams to use labor, food, and controllable expense systems, and effectively manage costs
- Coaches to deliver restaurant sales and profit targets in every restaurant
- Partners with Franchise Owners, Leadership and their Operators in the market to grow year over year sales achievement
- Leads the way by working with each market to deliver profit goals and meet targeted flow-thru objectives; utilizes available reports to identify opportunities; ensures that correct operational procedures are followed at all times
- Builds capability to improve problem solving and planning skills through hands-on demonstrations
- Demonstrates leadership and ownership to resolve chronic Repair & Maintenance (R&M) issues; determines root causes of excessive R&M and delivers remediation plans for long- term resolution
- Calibrates and ensures the execution of the Restaurant Excellence assessment tool and subsequent action planning process
- Communicate annual business plans identifying key activities and priorities, budgets and cost controls
- Maintains current awareness of Federal, State, and local laws and regulations affecting restaurant operations and employees to ensure compliance
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 5+ years restaurant management franchise experience with strong people growing record, recruiting talent, development and performance management
- Extensive multi-unit franchise leadership roles with strong QSR, Fast-Casual, or Casual- Dining restaurant leadership experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- An energetic and positive outlook, proactive self-starter, driven to get things done and does the right thing for the business
- Unparalleled leadership behaviors; providing coaching, developing the team, driving culture, time management, executing tasks and achieving results through others, problem solving and communication
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, and provide the resolution quickly and efficiently; ability to recognize opportunities and assess risks before they become trends
- Strong analytical skills, including proven ability to develop, manage, and interpret metrics
- Flexibility for frequent travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build trust, maximize relationships, and interact with all levels, from hourly employees to franchisee leadership groups and owners
- Highly organized, proper planning, time management, and prioritization with the ability to multi- task and handle competing priorities with deadlines
- Personal flexibility and comfort in managing change with little notice
- Strong exposure to franchise restaurant organizations, field operations and leadership structures
If this is you, please forward your email to Lance Salsman at
Learn More About Us:
· USA Today - "Is this America's Best Fast-Food Pizza?"
· Business Insider - "These 25 Companies are Revolutionizing Retail"
· Bloomberg - "LeBron James-Backed Pizza Chain to Expand Outside North America"
· Business Insider - "How a pizza shop backed by LeBron James became the fastest growing restaurant chain ever"