LOCATION: George R. Brown Convention Center - Houston, TX
As a Banquet Chef with Levy, it will be your primary responsibility to execute cuisine that exceeds guest expectations and provide strong leadership while delivering cost goals and living our Company vision and values.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures company guidelines and standards are communicated to team members
- Establishes quality food and presentation standards
- Ensures the kitchen team has the necessary equipment and supplies
- Ensures all security, safety and sanitation standards are in place
- Contributes to sales growth through product selection, execution, pricing and creative development
- Achieves purchasing, scheduling and culinary standards
- Achieves all assigned cost goals
- Works within budget guidelines
- Effectively uses purchasing system
- Teams location to meet operational needs
- Effectively uses all team training and development tools
- Hires hourly team who can deliver Levy operating standards and philosophies
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English
- English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
- Team builder and ability to successfully manage and develop a team.
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet.
- Creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas.
- Proven track record of being organized, dependable and self-motivated.
- Able to work independently and have the capacity to manage up and down.
- Ability to work 60 + hours per week (as needed).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including days, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.