The Cato Corporation, a leading specialty retailer of value-priced women's fashion apparel with corporate offices located in Charlotte, North Carolina, operates three concepts: Cato, It's Fashion and Versona. The Company has over 1,300 stores throughout the United States and a diverse workforce of approximately 7,500 associates. The Company's stock is traded on the NYSE under the symbol "CATO".
The company is seeking an experienced Benefits Specialist to join its Human Resources team.
- Administer Leaves of Absence and ADA accommodations, which include accurately interpreting and applying State and Federal leave laws, including FMLA, USERRA, ADA and Cato policies to resolve issues.
- Review guidelines for eligibility resulting in accurate eligibility decisions.
- Resolve problems within scope of authority, while escalating others to the appropriate person.
- Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of FMLA, USERRA and ADA (including other state or federal laws that affect leave).
- Maintain record-keeping system in accordance with department standards.
- Create leave of absence packets and deliver to associates.
- Utilize reports within record-keeping system to track leave status and deadlines for required paperwork.
- Review and update leave of absence and ADA forms used by the department for adherence to related laws and company policies.
- Communicate employee and applicant rights and responsibilities verbally and in written format.
- Collect and track benefit premiums from employees during a leave of absence.
- Effectively communicate changes in return to work dates, leave status, etc. with the field and corporate.
- Lead the "interactive process" documenting the steps taken and ensuring the correct people are involved resulting in a determination on all accommodation requests.
- Create and submit appropriate reporting as required.
- 2-4 years Human Resources experience, preferably in leaves of absence.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel primarily) and HRIS systems (Lawson Payroll/HR) is preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws is preferred.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel information.
- Must be able to manage their own work and meet deadlines as well as perform multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational/communication and customer service skills required.
The company offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance package, 401(K) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Stock Purchase Plan and more! Please send resume, including salary history to: The Cato Corporation, Attn: Recruitment, PO Box 34216, Charlotte, NC 28234. Fax to or email to . EOE/Drug Testing