AVI Foodsystems is looking for an energetic and optimistic leader to fill the role of Chef Manager.
The ideal candidate leads team members to ensure that meal and food items are prepared in accordance with production plans. Trains team members in methods of performing duties and assigns/coordinates work to promote efficiency of operations, along with sanitation of the facility and maintaining food and personal safety.
High quality management is an integral part to our success. Coaching and leading the team members while maintaining a positive work culture is essential to having a successful operation.
Founded in 1960, AVI Foodsystems has evolved into one of the most respected and trusted food service companies in the nation. Providing comprehensive food services with a focus on the highest quality and freshest ingredients, impeccable service and total value is the reputation we have earned and live up to everyday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Foster positive client relationships and ensure excellence in service and quality of products
- Plan, organize and direct the work of team members engaged in the procurement, storage, preparation and serving of food for this multi-operation location
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met
- Actively participate in the development of team members in service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures. Ensure friendly, polite and trained personnel
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork and encourage team members to collaborate
- Approve food orders and ensure a proper level of inventory to meet demand and minimize cost and waste
- Routinely monitor budget compliance and recommend changes as needed to maintain operational quality
- Take part in interviewing, selecting, managing and developing of team members
- Create special promotions to increase food and beverage sales
- Coordinate and lead catered events
- 2 or more years of experience in a supervisory/ lead role position
- Culinary degree preferred
- Experience in healthcare food service or a high volume catering environment preferred
- A results-oriented, articulate, decisive, self-starter who energizes people around him/her
- Ability to build relationships by actively listening and responding to the client's needs
- Adaptable to changing business conditions
- Comfortable dealing with fast-paced environments
- Ability to pursue and complete directives with limited supervision
- A family culture and atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance for full-time team members
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Immense training and growth opportunities
We conduct pre-employment drug testing. EOE
For more information please contact: