Under supervision, the Hotel Reservations Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to hotel guests through phone and email interactions, processing various reservation and payment transactions, and providing general information and assistance to maximize guest enjoyment of their Diamond Resorts vacation experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Services a large volume of inbound and outbound calls and emails from hotel guests, and processes various transactions in the reservations system and other systems with accuracy and attention to detail per established policies and procedures, delivering exceptional customer service in a friendly, personalized manner.
- Provides accurate, comprehensive information about Diamond Resorts properties, products, and services; and proactively offers resort recommendations and various products and services to enhance guests' vacation experience. Uses personalized discovery and conversion techniques to maximize transactions that generate company revenue and guest satisfaction.
- Maintains knowledge of and follows customer information and data security processes at all times.
- Responds to Owner emails and requests for call-backs within established response time standards.
- Takes personal ownership to resolve issues and/or complaints by thoroughly researching the issue, identifying solution options, escalating to a Supervisor as applicable per established policies and procedures, and following up to ensure resolution is implemented in a timely manner.
- Embraces all Quality Assurance standards, and willingly accepts ongoing feedback and coaching to meet and/or exceed established Quality Assurance standards consistently on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains and expands job knowledge and skill development by actively participating in departmental and Company training programs and educational opportunities.
- Proactively participates in team meetings and feedback sessions.
- Proactively advises Supervisor of issues with computer equipment, reservations system, phone system, and other systems immediately in order to support maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Follows call adherence standards and manages time effectively for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Exceptional written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to access, read, and accurately input data in a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a 10-key calculator.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to retain knowledge pertaining to essential job functions and effectively utilize provided reference tools.
- Ability to handle and diffuse problem situations with courtesy, empathy, and a resolution-oriented approach.
- Ability to use analytical and decision-making skills to offer options and problem resolutions in a variety of contexts.
- Ability to switch between multiple systems and software programs to complete all work processes.
- Ability to overcome customer objections through persuasion and providing a variety of options.
- Possesses a positive, professional attitude and friendly, service-oriented demeanor.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Basic math skills.