The Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for delivering an excellent customer experience by ensuring that all items are clean and presentable before, during and after service operations of the Taproom. This position is key to maintaining service efficiency through offering assistance to the servers and proactively stocking side stations as needed while encompassing and portraying the La Tropical brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
Candidates responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
* Ensure proper set up in all areas of the Taproom throughout service hours, including restocking clean dishes and replenish food and beverage supplies as needed
* Greet customers in a professional manner, providing excellent customer service
* May assist with preparing plates for delivery by placing garnishes on appropriate food items, etc.
* May assist with delivering food to the correct table and confirming proper order is being delivered.
* May be required to assist with expediting food orders in the kitchen to ensure delivery efficiency.
* Clear dishes from tables and other necessary areas to ensure a high standard of table maintenance.
* Clean and sanitize tables and chairs, in addition to maintaining cleanliness of property around the restaurant (i.e. sidewalk, etc.).
* Prepare dishes for washing by scraping and stacking them according to proper standards.
* Provide cleaning duties when needed for spilled food or drink.
* Empties trash from the designated areas throughout shift. Cleans and stock restrooms as needed.
* Works with other staff to ensure 100% guest satisfaction as it pertains to cleanliness of Taproom.
* In addition to the duties described above, this role may be required to perform the duties of, or scheduled to work shifts acting as a server, bartender, or other taproom position including that of a host/greeter (ex: answering phones, welcoming guests, assigning tables, completing side work, and a variety of cleaning tasks to be determined, etc.).
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
* Prior bussing and/or food running experience desired.
* Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant.
* Thrives in fast paced environment; willing to work flexible schedule, including weekends/holidays/overtime.
* Outgoing personality, positive attitude and strong verbal communication skills; Team work ethic.
* Strong knowledge of restaurant practices, procedures and commonly-used concepts.
* Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
* Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to prioritize, good organizational skills.
* Food Handler certificate required upon hire.
Nearest Major Market: Miami