About the Role
As a Backend Engineer at Uber, you'll be working on code that's closest to the business. You will build user-facing products, handle and store thousands of payment transactions per second, and develop intelligent fraud prevention strategies that scale. From building maps that help move millions of people, to the messaging systems that let us interact with them - the work you do will impact live riders, eaters, drivers, and operations teams across the globe.What You'll Do
You will be joining the uberEATS Team which takes care of everything POST-ORDER like Order Tracking, Order State Push, Order Delays and Appeasements, Refunds/Chargebacks, Ratings/Reviews and many more impactful products. You will be engaged in shaping customer experiences in these areas and influence their behavior for the benefits of sustainable business growth.Basic Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience with systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Go, Python, C/C++.
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- 2+ year of experience in building large scale product or data systems
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with tracking systems
- Experience handling complex problems at scale
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form . - provided by Dice