Support the operation to deliver Superior Guest Service by performing duties which include: prompt recognition and greeting guests, taking food and beverage orders, entering orders into Point-of-Sales (POS) in proper sequence, and serving food and beverage to guests. Communicate with team members to ensure timely and proper service. Adhere to company policies related to standard operating procedures and cash handling.
1. Ensures each guest receives superior service by providing a friendly environment, which includes prompt recognition and greeting of guests with a smile using established service standards.
2. Communicates, explains and suggestively sell menu offerings, products, and promotions to guests.
3. Takes and serves food and beverage orders to guests.
4. Processes guest orders in the proper sequence and communicates with restaurant personnel to ensure that all items are prepared properly and delivered timely to meet guests' needs.
5. Verifies identification of guests to ensure minimum age requirements for the purchase and service of alcoholic beverages are met.
6. Monitors and follows up with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service; responds to additional requests.
7. Completes cash handling duties with appropriate paperwork; processes and presents checks to guests and completes payment transactions.
8. Ensures tables and dining areas are kept clean and set for service; maintains service stations with items such as ice, napkins, and eating utensils.
9. Follows safe food handling and proper hygiene practices.
10. Adheres to workplace safety standards for operating and maintaining equipment and reports any equipment malfunction to management immediately.
11. Performs opening and/or closing side works according to established checklists.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages; Must be able to obtain alcohol awareness certification; Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact with customers, coworkers, and members of management; Ability to focus on providing a superior guest experience in an enthusiastic and professional manner.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and effectively communicate information individually and in small group situations to customers and co workers; Ability to understand the English language, both written and verbal.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply reasonable understanding in carrying out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to visually navigate through the unit.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand and walk. Use hands for lifting and carrying (0-40 lbs.) including frequent reaching, grasping, pushing and pulling (0-40 lb.); and stooping and bending.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.