Do you enjoy going to work in a FUN environment? Do you demonstrate PASSION in the work that you do? Do you strive for EXCELLENCE while providing great SERVICE with INTEGRITY? If so, this job is for YOU!
We are a premier beverage and dessert restaurant looking for dynamic Food Professional to join our team and become part of our family. We offer a competitive salary, bonuses, and the opportunity to grow with us as we expand. Here are some factors that may enable you to jumpstart your success in this position:
Cook is responsible for preparing all food according to recipe requirements and adhering to product sensitivities and plate presentations; and ensuring all food meets restaurant's standard of excellence.
· Lifts and carries product of up to 70 lbs., up to 20 times per shift: places these items
· Frequent bending and stooping
· Works indoors 75%; outdoors 25%
· Works frequently in a hot and damp environment
· Knowledge of HACCP and other safety regulations
· Uses hands 99% of the time
· Stands and walks most of 6-8 hour shift
· Must be able to hear kitchen expeditor and/or manager requests in the midst of loud background noise
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Maintains compliance with recipe changes, while ensuring proper execution of recipe procedures to maintain a high quality and consistent product.
• Communicates ticket times and potential problems with the service staff, kitchen staff and managers.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Cut, and cook raw food products
- Instructed and follows proper procedures to cook food
- Prepare and cook food for daily production demands
- Work various cook positions throughout the kitchen
- Lead food service preparation and cooking
- Take food inventory, place food weekly food order, including food bank shopping
- Prepare and cook food for regular and special meals and functions requiring food service
- Prepare cook and serve food
- Perform duties to prepare and serve large quantities of food for clients in residential or day programs, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice./p
- Order food and supplied for food preparation
- Maintain food line by notifying prep cook of shortages and replenishing food at workstation
- Preparing and cooking of food
- Use proper cooking equipment to prepare food items and to complete food orders
- Training other kitchen staff in food preparation
- Assist the cook with preperation of meals
- Preparing food in according with the food service menus
- Serve food according to menu
- Receive and store food and food related items
- Cook food according to recipes
- Maintain food inventory and prepare food supply order; ensure proper food storage temperatures and rotate stored food