Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants is a modern casual Napa-inspired full-service restaurant with a scratch kitchen, full bar, winery-inspired private event space and an artisan retail market. We currently have over 44 locations in 10 states throughout the U.S. We have over 5000 employees and continue to grow that number. We are home to the largest wine club in the world, with over 450,000 Wine Club Members! We are a lifestyle brand centered around wine and focused on creating memorable moments that enrich lives.
Our team has a true passion for food and is always working to ensure that we deliver only the most fresh, high quality and wonderfully tasting food that our guests have come to expect. All of our menu items are made with peak-of-season ingredients and are thoughtfully paired with Cooper's Hawk wines. Our focus on innovation helps us introduce new, exciting items each season, while still offering Cooper's Hawk favorite dishes.
Our General Managers help facilitate our key values: "We care about people. We are committed to being the best. We Are Different. We have fun and celebrate." Our General Manger will lead, coach, and develop Managers, MIDs, and Team Members to create Community by living the Cooper's Hawk values.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall restaurant's success through financial, operational, and development goals. Ensures execution of the highest quality of food and service. Sets and achieves both personal and team development goals. Focuses on strategy and driving standards of excellence and consistent business growth. Acts as a Cooper's Hawk brand ambassador.
Please know we are adhering to the recommendations of the CDC and local public health authorities. We are fully committed to the safety and well-being of our guests and team members. In addition to our current industry-leading health and safety practices, we have added additional measures to promote a safe and clean experience for our valued guests, employees, and the community at large. We will continue to closely monitor information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and local governments for updated guidelines.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
* Oversees overall restaurant operations
* Responsible for coaching and development of all levels of Manager performance, with bottom line accountability for all Managers, Event Coordinator, Office Manager, Supervisors, Lead Restaurant Trainer, and Wine Club Facilitator
* Adheres to policies and trains others on standard operating systems and procedures
* Ensures collaboration between kitchen and front of house operations
* Represents Cooper's Hawk vision and values and creates a respectful, positive, and professional work environment
* Oversees all restaurant systems, training, and leadership development:
* Conducts and oversees final FOH interviews and approves hourly team member hiring decisions
* Ensures managers are effectively directing department efforts
* Strategically navigates through ambiguity, challenges, and conflicts that occur in the restaurant
* Reviews and approves all Team Member scheduled in a timely manner
* Ensures highly executed system and initiative rollouts
* Retains Managers, Managers-In-Development (MIDs), and Team Members
* Maintains consistent and high quality food, safety, sanitation, service, and facility standards
* Leads Community meetings based on the Cooper's Hawk values, open communication, and an inspiring approach with the team
* Ensures financial metrics are met and involves department managers to achieve results
* Responsible for achieving monthly financial targets, analyzing/interpreting metrics, and involving department Managers to achieve results
* Accountable for the overall success and results of the Wine Club Program
* Responsible for weekly inventory and associated results
* Effectively utilizes computer systems and other technologies
* Ideally, must have 2-4 years of GM experience in high volume, full service restaurant.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to read, understand, and communicate in English
* Demonstrates financial acumen
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Preferred certifications include ServSafe and state/local licensing requirements
* Extensive food knowledge and quality standards
* Scratch kitchen experience preferred
* A minimum age requirement of 21 years
At Cooper's Hawk, we care about our Team Members! We know you spend a lot of time at work, so we are committed to you living your best life - inside and out of our restaurants. Below is a summary of our benefit offerings*:
* Competitive base salary AND Quarterly Bonus Opportunity
* Annual loyalty increase!
* Health, Well-being and Retirement Savings benefits including:
* 2 medical insurance plans available through BCBS: PPO and High Deductible (with HSA)
* Dental insurance through BCBS
* Wellness Program allows for significant savings on medical premiums
* Vision insurance through VSP
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for both Health and Dependent Care
* 100% employer-paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
* Voluntary Life allows for additional coverage for self, spouse and children
* Voluntary Short-Term Disability (STD)
* 100% employer-paid Long-Term Disability (LTD)
* 401(k) plan with generous employer match
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - free and confidential for you and your family!
* Paid Parental Leave for men and women
* Up to 10 weeks paid for recuperation for women and up to 2 weeks paid for bonding time for both men and women
* Vacation Days
* Discounts on dining, carry-out, retail and wine, and monthly dining allowance
* CHarity Day (Community Give-Back!)
* Complimentary Birthday entrée certificate
* Complimentary meal on shift
* Complimentary uniforms for Kitchen Managers
* Training and Development:
* Formal Training and Transition/Executive Coaching Programs for all Managers-in-Development
* Clearly defined career path and promotion criteria allowing for ongoing growth and development
* Focused Individual Development Plans for all managers
* Wine Scholarship Program
* For Senior Managers - Eligible for Nomination into Emerging Leader Program
* For GMs/EKMs - Driving Development Program (BMW Incentive!)
* Certain benefits are contingent upon additional terms, other restrictions and various eligibility requirements.
Cooper's Hawk is an equal opportunity employer.