As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Develop, deliver, and evaluate training programs/applications, curricula and corresponding materials and programs for all levels of hotel employees including line staff, supervisors and managers. Consult with key department contacts to identify performance gaps and training issues, which impact individual and group performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Facilitate and ensure compliance of hotel and corporate key training programs including but not limited to Employee Orientation, Harassment Free Workplace Training, ADA, Management 101, Craft Training Certificate, Performance Management, safety related training, career development training, guest satisfaction training, language training and employee morale programs.
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel department heads and staff, Corporate HR, Corporate and The Hotel Management Group.
* May interact with outside contacts:
* Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction
* Vendors - to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
* Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
* Assess training programs to determine effectiveness, need for enhancements, or elimination of programs, actively pursue alternative training vehicles/methods, and interactive training technologies; determine training effectiveness; and recommend necessary enhancements; keep abreast of training trends in the industry through conferences, periodicals, and associations.
* Responsible for the scheduling of appropriate registration systems for all hotel training classes, to include the posting of all class information, creating program agendas, and communication to all internal audiences. Review and approve all confirmation packet materials and other communications as they relate to the above classes.
* Assess and coach department trainers on content and delivery of all hotel training programs. May cross train and certify trainers to facilitate training programs.
* Develop training programs/applications, curricula, assessment tools and corresponding materials (includes lesson plans, participant materials, job aids, user manuals, etc.) for the hotel's end users. Ensure that all course curricula and educational materials are current and of acceptable quality.
* Collaborate with the Regional Training Manager in consulting with key department contacts to identify training needs and design programs and tools that support performance initiatives and strategic objectives. Prepare monthly training progress reports and communicate to management team members the previous month's accomplishments and next month's training objectives.
* May assist with other Human Resources and hotel activities duties as needed.
This is a single incumbent training professional with training responsibility for a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel employing more than 150 employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Some college plus 3 years of related training experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business Management or related field preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
* Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
* Frequently standing and walking
* Handling objects, flips charts, computer/keyboard, AV equipment, etc.
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with employees, hotel management, RVPOs, and corporate training staff.
* Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
* Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
* Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.