Established in 1992, TKC Management Services comprises the asset and property management division of The Keith Corporation. TKC Management Services has built a solid reputation through consistently providing top-quality management and consulting to clients throughout the United States. We invest in people, and focus on developing business relationships while providing exemplary service.
To assist in the laundry department with the washing, drying, sorting, folding, transporting, and distribution of all linen and inmate jumpsuits, clothing, etc. This position works in our correctional facility.
* Able to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
* Ensure that all linen and inmate clothing are covered in clean and proper bins at all times during transportation
* Place jumpsuits, linen, etc. in machine and set controls on machines for the proper cleaning cycle
* Remove jumpsuits, linen, etc. from washer and dryers for next step of laundry process
* Use accepted techniques of folding linen and jumpsuits
* Distribute laundered items to housing areas as necessary
* Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand the need and use of infection control techniques
* Supervise inmate workers, ensuring appropriate procedures are followed
* Clean laundry bins
* Maintain laundry room and equipment in clean and orderly manner reporting any equipment breakdowns to management or Service Coordinator
* Perform other tasks as assigned
* Maintain logs per ACA requirements as applicable
* Maintain inmate worker tracking charts, training log, PPE log, bin inventory/distribution log, inmate jumpsuit distribution logs, etc.
Ability to perform required tasks associated with position including, but not limited to, kneeling, standing, walking, climbing a ladder, and the ability to pick up or carry up to 50 pounds
Understand and abide by all applicable Safety Data Sheets (SDS) procedures
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* High School Diploma, or equivalent.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position with working hours Monday through Friday. Some overtime, holiday, or weekends may be required.
No travel required for this position
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates both in a professional office environment and onsite supervision. Must be able to work in hazardous conditions with an attention to maintaining safety standards. Must be willing to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, industrial settings and constructions sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee is regularly required to talk or listen effectively. Ability to perform required tasks associated with position including, but not limited to, kneeling, squatting, standing, walking, climbing a ladder, and the ability to pick up or carry up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.