Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options - from rooms to suites and apartments - found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder's innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Considering Sonder's global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
The Senior Hotel Takeover Manager's mandate is to ensure that all hotel properties joining the Sonder portfolio open on time, on budget, on brand and ready to ramp revenue seamlessly. They are the subject matter experts on hotel openings and will be responsible for developing and executing a hotel openings playbook to help convert existing operations into a Sonder branded experience. They will collaborate closely with Regional Opening teams on specific projects, the Office of the CEO on the hotel openings experience and the revenue team on property-level marketing and channels. They will report into the Director of Openings and support all efforts to strengthen and build Sonder's hotel takeover capabilities.
What You'll Do:
Support the development of a best-in-class hotel openings capability to ensure hotel takeovers happen on time, on budget and on brand
* Consult with regional openings teams to provide recommendations, openings support and critical direction to cross functional teams for hotel takeovers
* Manage and complete intake of all project-related documentation for hotel takeovers
* Gather and report critical hotel takeover data along all phases of the openings process
* Co-develop Sonder's bespoke hotel openings playbook for takeovers in the Region ensuring a seamless transition and with a goal of reducing the amount of time required to convert existing properties into Sonders.
* Responsible for building and developing a team of takeover resources (coordinators, agents) with a goal of maintaining high performance, utilization and delivering against takeover goals.
* Responsible for collaborating with sales and marketing teams to implement an opening ramp plan with the goal of retaining existing guests and driving new customer acquisition in the first 90 days.
Manage internal and external stakeholders and ensure they are informed, consulted and on track
* Manage and deploy a small, dedicated team of hotel openings specialists to support hotel takeovers throughout the Region.
* Partner with internal stakeholders (General Manager, City Operations, Business Development, Real Estate Development (Development Managers, Interior Design Managers, Ops), Legal, Product/Engineering, Guest Experience, Revenue, etc,) to ensure on-time, on-brand, and on-budget project delivery
* Support Director of Operations and Senior Openings Managers in the on-going development of Sonder's hotel openings capability (opening playbooks, process and procedures, feedback on brand requirements, etc.)
What We're Looking For:
* Minimum 10 years of professional experience, including experience hiring and managing a team, managing remote resources is a plus, Hotels openings experience preferred
* A consummate project manager with exceptional organizational skills, and a proven track record of prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to identify and convey critical information to stakeholders quickly and precisely, influence and motivate indirect stakeholders to act
* Exceptional decision making and critical problem solving skills; able to objectively present alternatives and provide recommendations that deliver results under constraints.
* A proven ability to handle ambiguity in the absence of defined systems and processes and with minimal supervision
* A willingness and enthusiasm to get your hands dirty when needed
* A team player who cultivates a positive culture, coaches the team, and can manage change
* Proficiency with Google Suite; experience with project management applications(ProCore, MS Project and HoloBuilder) a plus
* Ability to travel up to 80%; this is a role that will require significant travel, preference for individuals to be located near larger airports to make travel across Regions easier.
What We Offer:
* Competitive salary
* Generous stock option plan
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Unlimited vacation
* Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes