Senior Industrial Designer, Kitchen & Bath
Work Mode: Hybrid
Location: Charlotte, NC
Are you an experienced Industrial Designer looking for an opportunity to develop truly amazing user experiences and to deliver innovative new product designs? Do you have experience designing products that enhance the lifestyle of kitchen and bath consumers? Do you enjoy challenges and working with other business functions to deliver results? We are seeking someone who is motivated by these possibilities and has the skill and desire to join a talented design team.
The Senior Industrial Designer will leverage their mastery of the design process to fulfill a strategic role within the Kohler Retail Design Team. This position requires a robust consumer-centric design methodology to generate innovative and disruptive kitchen and bath solutions for the retail market. As a senior level industrial designer, you will lead complex projects, constantly be collaborating with others, guide junior designers when on projects together, and present new product presentations directly to the retail partners.
* Lead large, complex projects while working closely with all new product development departments, especially Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, and Manufacturing within a team atmosphere.
* Collaborate, build, and present new product presentations directly to the retail partners as it relates specifically to key design initiatives you are leading.
* Maintain an understanding of the consumer, especially in the bathroom and kitchen environments, through various forms of research analysis, trend analysis and insight development.
* Maintain an understanding of the competitive market landscape, consumer market trends and manufacturing constraints.
* Provide design and technical guidance to the team and other Industrial Designers.
* Work very closely with all new product development departments, especially Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, and Manufacturing, in a team atmosphere.
* Bachelor's Degree from accredited university or college of industrial design with academic emphasis on product design.
* 4+ years of design experience with a bachelor's degree or a minimum of 2+ years of design experience with a master's degree.
* Experience in interior design, architecture, furniture, lighting, consumer research and/or another related field.
* Experience with 3D rendering - animation is a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law Supplement .