The purpose of the position of the Bartender is to prepare drinks for guests and to serve them in a professional and courteous manner. Drinks will also be prepared for the Food Servers upon request. The position may also involve serving food to the guests. The essential hospitality standards must be used at all times: eye contact, smile, speak first, and engage in polite conversation (if time permits). An engaging personality with the ability to create an energetic, fun bar environment is a must!!
Your day-to-day will include the following:
* Greet and serve guests at the bar.
* Pour drinks, using standard pour according to specifications.
* Serve drinks to guests, along with filling orders for the Food Servers. Take/enter orders on POS.
* Handle cash and credit transactions.
* Clean and change ash trays and empty trash cans as necessary.
* Fill and clean ice bins.
* Stock beer and wine coolers.
* Clean shelving, stainless steel, mixers, cups, blenders and soda guns.
* Notify a manager if a guest is becoming intoxicated or rude to other guests. • Follow uniform and grooming specifications.
* Communicate with support crew and management.
* Serve food if requested.
* Operate bar equipment.
* Unpack deliveries and stock bar. Change beer kegs.
* Record accurate "tip out" sheets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.