Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nutrition Services Barista ,Lead (0.8 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Starbucks Retail at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Nutrition Services Barista Lead is responsible for creating the Starbucks Experience for our customers by assisting the store supervisor in executing store operations, ensuring quality customer service, and delegating tasks.
In this position you will:
* Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and Swedish. Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
* Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and Swedish.
* Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
* Assists with new staff training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
* Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing changes in staff morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
* Delivers customer service to all customers by acting with a "customer comes first" attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
* Follows Starbucks and Swedish operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all staff during each shift.
* Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that staff can locate resources and product as needed.
* Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
* Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
* Educates and informs customers about the differences among coffee beans and coffee preparation
Required qualifications for this position include:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Current State of Washington Food and Beverage Service Worker's Permit
* Minimum of one (1) year food service experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Previous coffee/food service and cashing experience in a direct customer
About the First Hill Campus
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.