Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there's countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We're growing; grow with us.
Purpose of the role -
Be the editor-in-chief for marketing creative and content across assigned brand/regional sites and apps. Deliver a best-in-class customer experience by ensuring a strategic balance that optimizes customer experience, a positive brand experience, relevancy, and commercial results.
Key accountabilities -
* Act as editor-in-chief for marketing creative and content across assigned brand/regional sites and apps
* Drive merchandising strategy that aligns to company/brand goals and Campaign calendar
* Become the subject matter expert for merchandising, marketing, and content capabilities on IHG's global websites and apps
* Assess existing merchandising needs and develop recommendations for additional merchandising and content opportunities to improve revenue and customer experience via websites + apps
* Develop and implement a merchandising strategy with an understanding of the company's overall marketing calendar and product strategy
* Work with brand and regional teams to coordinate merchandising initiatives and ensure brand and market cohesion
* Engage with user experience and product management teams to collaborate on new merchandising and eCommerce functionality
* Maintain understanding of current and future site capabilities and how they can be leveraged for effective maximization of web conversions and customer engagement
* Analyze and leverage web analytics & insights and consumer behavior to monitor and prioritize efforts, develop a test and learn agenda, and measure progress against KPIs.
* Report and track progress of bugs and defects related to site and app merchandising and marketing functionality
* Perform site audits on a frequent basis to ensure merchandising and site content are up to date and accurate
* Understand & Integrate SEO best practices whenever applicable.
* Work on special assignments/projects concerning site functionality as it concerns merchandising, marketing, and process.
* Ensure legal, privacy, and accessibility requirements are understood and proactively managed throughout website content and promotional efforts.
Key Shared Accountabilities -
* Project objective
* Project deliverables and timeline
* Marketing product capabilities across websites and apps
* Marketing placement locations across websites and apps
Key Interfaces -
* Global Marketing Shared Services team members
* Omni-Channel (Operations, Email, In-Hotel Marketing, Messaging, Social)
* Creative Services Team
* Campaign Management Team
* Brand Teams
* Channel / Web Products Team
* Marketing Operations teams
* Marketing Products teams
* Bachelors or master's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital, Business, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
* 5 to 8 years progressive work-related experience in eCommerce, Interactive/Digital marketing, or Creative/visual merchandising. Experience in the hotel, travel, or retail industry preferred.
* Deep experience with eCommerce & interactive/digital marketing, including knowledge of innovative technologies, digital content management systems and online tracking.
* Experience with segmentation, A/B test design, and direct response metrics and measurement.
Technical Skills and Knowledge -
* Demonstrated creative abilities and innovative drive accompanied by a dedication to continuous improvement.
* Demonstrated analytical skills and research abilities. Demonstrated ability to use the results of investigation and analysis to make effective strategic decisions and recommendations.
* Team player with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on proactivity and problem solving.
* Experience of working within a complex business with a range of stakeholders with different needs
* Strong writing skills
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
* Project management experience
* Experience with site analytics tools
* Ability to maintain a service-oriented team culture and mindset, that delivers consistent, high quality work for IHG's complex stakeholder group
* Comfortable working in a highly distributed team
Direct/Indirect Reports - 0
* Editor-in-chief for merchandising and marketing throughout assigned brand and regional websites.
* Provide strategic guidance to campaigns in the development and implementation of marketing content across brand sites
* Consultative web + app marketing approach for applicable brands
* Web + App marketing execution and optimization
* Merchandising best practices, globally, for applicable brands as needed
* Merchandising standards and governance best practices
* Franchisee/Hotel Standards
* Recommends web + app marketing approach for campaigns and evergreen initiatives
* Brand Web + App Marketing Strategy and approach
* Marketing Effectiveness insights and analytics
* Web + App Marketing platforms and tools
* Content ideation and generation for applicable brands
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits - including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.