The Banquet Set-up Attendant is responsible for set-up and clean-up of banquet functions as well as monitoring assigned sections during the events to ensure all patrons are served. This position has varying shifts including nights and weekends.
* Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
* Requires the ability to read write and speak the English language.
* Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
* Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
* Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
* Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience whether verbal or written.
* Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
* Provides guests with the finest quality of service at all times and in a warm and enthusiastic manner.
* Vacuums sweeps mops polishes wipes areas clean before during and after events.
* Ensures that the banquet area is maintained in a clean organized and safe condition.
* Ensures that at the close of a function and at the end of the workday all banquet rooms are cleared and securely locked.
* Ensures all equipment is stored in the designated area.
* Is always present in room and greets guests upon arrival.
* Maintains banquet and hotel standards of food beverage and quality guest service.
* Is available to present menus answer questions and take food and beverage orders.
* Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
* Assists in food production according to menu and number of persons to be served.
* Monitors tables in assigned section ensuring all patrons are served.
* Clears and cleans tables; resets counters and tables.
* Maintains kitchen and wait station by keeping area tidy and clean and stocks assigned areas at the end of each shift.
* Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
* Other duties as assigned.
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Downtown/Convention Center is set in the heart of downtown Music City - Nashville, providing outstanding service and warm southern hospitality. The hotel is located one block from Music City Convention Center and is 15 minutes from Nashville International Airport. Guests are within walking distance to corporate headquarters, Music Row, Nissan Stadium, Bridgestone Arena, and the Country Music Hall of Fame, and minutes from Vanderbilt and Belmont Universities.
Ideal for business, corporate and social events, this downtown Nashville hotel has over 4,200 sq. ft. of divisible meeting space and a complimentary 24-hour business center. The latest A/V technology and our dedicated staff will ensure that every conference or wedding is a success. Guests can cool down with a dip in the outdoor pool, soak up the sunshine on the pool deck and energize with modern equipment in the 24-hour fitness center. Spacious and modern, our downtown Nashville rooms and suites offer everything guests need for a successful business trip or relaxing vacation. We also offer breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Great American Grill.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan