The JW Denver Cherry Creek is ready to hire an enthusiastic Banquet House Person , with a passion for hospitality, to join the Banquet team. Are you ready for the next step in your career? If you are someone who is ready to make that leap into this role, apply today! Sage Hospitality Group is looking for top talent and we look forward to hearing from you!
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
The purpose of the Banquet Set Up/House person position is to set, maintain and refresh hotel banquet meeting rooms according to sales contract and company standards
* To ensure cleanliness and organizations done in a timely manner and to assist supervisor during large functions.
* The Banquet Set Up /House person must ensure that all banquet and meeting rooms are properly set in a timely manner, so that the banquet service staff may prepare for functions.
* Responsible for timely and safe breakdown of meeting rooms after event completion.
* Must refresh rooms on time, have water in rooms, clean rooms and set for appropriate functions.
No formal education needed.
Prior housekeeping experience desirable.
* Minimal literacy necessary; can utilize alternate training tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to communicate with guests, other associates and supervisor.
* Ability to assess and meet standards.
* Ability to meet standards of appearance.
* Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
* Mobility -Ability to reach all areas of responsibility to include: shelves, windows, ledges, pipes, under and around furniture.
* Continuous standing -continuously standing and/or walking to accomplish all that is required for position.
* Climbing stairs -approximately 40 steps 15% of 40 hour week. No driving required.
Inside 80% of 8 hours.
▪Supplemental Pay: Tips
▪Eligible to participate in the Company's401(k)programwith employer matching
▪Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much,more.
▪Eligible to participate inthe Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.
Position Type: On Call
Property : JW Marriott Cherry Creek
Outlet: Not Applicable
Min: USD $12.42/Hr.
Max: USD $12.42/Hr.
Tipped Position: Yes
Address : 150 Clayton Ln
City : Denver
State : Colorado
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability