We are actively looking for a Front Office Manager for our awe-inspiring Hutton Hotel in Nashville, TN. Think about how much fun it would be to elevate your life and work in a sophisticated, independent hotel in the city's lively midtown neighborhood and steps from Music Row!
Hutton Hotel believes there is an artist within all of us. Hutton was built by Nashville creatives to reflect the soul of Music City. All Hutton associates are artists of hospitality and are encouraged to find creative ways to deliver extraordinary experiences to our guests.
As a member of the leadership team, you will have the opportunity for personal growth, you will have the opportunity to impact the growth and development of your team, you will have the opportunity to engage in our community, and you will enjoy the opportunity to enrich lives one experience at a time.
At Sage Hotel Management, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests, and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative, and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
Sage's vision is to be recognized by our customers as the best in our business through ensuring a culture that "makes the ordinary extraordinary!" The ideal candidate should champion this culture in every touchpoint of our business from our associates, guests, owners, and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote daily will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence. Join us today!
Respond in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to inquiries regarding hotel information and guest concerns. Supervise the daily operations of the Guest Services personnel; promoting a safe environment and quality services to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and financial success.
* Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guests are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
* Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts ensuring the guests are satisfied.
* Ensures the entire front desk team regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
* Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room rates, increase occupancy and revenue.
* Maintain good guest relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
* Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
* Control cash transactions at the front desk and maintain complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
* Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
* Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
* Assist and make recommendations to the Assistant General Manager in the areas of conducting performance evaluations, discipline and terminations as appropriate.
* Coordinate guest service efforts to include group arrivals and departures, and guest transportation, while maximizing the guest experience through top quality customer service.
* Coordinate and supervise the activities and foster good relations with our valet service, taxi services, and the Airport Connection to provide the maximum level of quality service.
* Provide information and assist staff in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc., to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
* Greet guests, offer assistance with check-in/check-out, deliver laundry and store luggage.
* Provide guest transportation as required by hotel's standard operating procedures.
* Order all supplies and maintain inventory control minimizing unnecessary expenses.
* Follow-up on any complaints or problems a guest may experience in a timely and professional fashion to ensure a quality guest experience.
* Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel's guests, staff and company assets.
* Provide weekly schedule for all Front Office Associates, posted by 3pm on Friday.
* Responsible for covering/finding replacements for call-offs.
* Ensure proper communication to subordinates on all hotel activities in a way that insures that guest needs are being met in a timely fashion.
* Ensures all new hires are aware of all aspects of the hotel.
* Ensure all associates are properly trained on Fosse along with all other systems/procedures that will help them provide our guests with quality service. Make sure all Front Desk Associates are SSM trained.
* Provide motivation to the department.
* Ensure all Front Office Associate duties are completed daily (checklists, call back log, guest request log, wake-up log, etc…)
* Provide assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
* Ensure the front desk is represented at each Safety Committee Meeting.
* Participates in Hotel MOD program
High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum two years previous experience as a front desk supervisor or minimum of four years front office experience in hotel work.
* Must have total understanding of all hotel front office procedures.
* Requires working knowledge of guest services and hotel services, policies or operations. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
* Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude; know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
* Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
* Must be fluent in oral and written English.
* Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
* Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
* Excellent comprehension and literacy required to review correspondence, initiate reports, conduct training, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to read written forms of communication and monochrome computer screen.
* Must be able to operate computer, calculator and telephone keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
* Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing.
* Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
* Work inside 95%Material/Equipment Used
* Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled workstation.
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Property : The Hutton Hotel
Outlet: Not Applicable
Category: Front Desk & Guest Services
Tipped Position: No
Address : 1808 W End Ave
City : Nashville
State : Tennessee
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability