Responsible for overseeing all of the restaurant's daily operations including recruitment, hiring selection, training, development and performance management of employees. Oversees beverage inventory and operating supplies, while optimizing profits and ensuring guests are satisfied with their dining experience. Implements brand and Forbes standards, policies and procedures. Oversees all areas of the restaurant as it pertains to health code regulations and safety. The Champions Restaurant General Manager reports to the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage.
* Actively participate in menu development and restaurant promotions and activities.
* Innovative thinker to generate and grow sales and promote luxury culture.
* Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and the company assets.
* Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning, while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
* Manage restaurant of indoor and outdoor seating.
* Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
* Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices and reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
FOOD SAFETY AND PLANNING:
* Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, state and local laws, and ordinances.
* Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
* Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
* Must be ServSafe & Tips Certified and uphold guidelines.
* Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints and disputes in a timely manner, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
* Motivate and serves as a role model, demonstrating exceptional work ethic and service delivery for all employees on properties. Champions change, inspires and motivates team to achieve operational excellence.
* Emphasizes and holds team accountable for addressing service standards and for developing innovative ways to exceed guest expectations.
* Monitors and energizes team to meet resort guest service index goals.
* Interacts and engages with guests and members on a frequent basis.
* Ability to handle and manager large groups in event space.
* Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
* Interview hourly employees. Hiring, supervision, development and when necessary, termination of employees with assistance and direction of human resources department.
* Develop associates by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conduction performance reviews.
* Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules by deadline and ensures that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
* Develop and implement training plan within hiring process.
* Conduct effective shift meetings (pre-shift, department meetings, trainings)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Participate in the development of the annual budget for the restaurant; develop short and long term financial operating plans.
* Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, departmental meetings, associate meetings, etc.
* In emergencies, perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Frequency Key: Rare - up to 1 hour, Occasional - 1-3 hours, Frequent - 3-6 hours, Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing stairs Occasional
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying(#lbs) Occasional - up to 50 lbs.
Assimilate into The Trump National Doral-Miami Cultural Foundation through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of the Trump Cornerstones. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Trump National Doral-Miami from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The resort will provide the required PPE. Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Leader.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Thorough knowledge of restaurant operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
* Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and associates, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
* Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
* Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
High School graduate or equivalent required.
College degree preferred.
At least five years experience in related field preferred. Resort restaurant management experience preferred.
Experience with supervision of associates required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Food Service Sanitation certification. Alcohol Service permit (if state required). CPR certification preferred.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.