Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
You'll be responsible for sales and operations of the social catering events, and spend your primary time on direct selling, detailing and servicing of wedding. As well as be a liaison between the client and banquet operations. Responsibilities will also include staying current on industry trends, and you seek creative ways to infiltrate markets and accounts.
Some of your responsibilities include:
* Maintain appropriate balance of account maintenance, prospecting for new business, and build profitable relationships with clients.
* Produce marketing plan and assist in developing the annual sales budget with the restaurant team. Implement a monthly action plan in order to meet and exceed the budgeted sales goals.
* Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual production reports; as well as weekly and monthly sales activity reports.
* Assist the Director of Catering in developing specific goals and strategies in assigned territory to positively impact revenues.
* Detailed knowledge of property, space, capacities, concept, and food style (menus). Review and update menus, packages, and upgrades as requested to satisfy client needs and to maximize revenue.
* Be familiar with the hotel's competitive set and shared accounts.
* Optimally cross-sell with sister restaurants and hotels for referral business.
* Communicate a clear sense of strategic direction and goals for assigned territories and markets.
* Maintains accurate and detailed notes and traces for accounts within the PMS and Catering Database.
* Join and attend appropriate market organizations.
* Adhere to the "Sundown Rule" for all client correspondence.
* Supervise execution of weddings.
* Expertise of the restaurant's overall layout, rate structure, and capacities.
What You Bring
* 2+ years of hospitality experience, ideally within servicing events.
* Previous structured sales training course is a plus.
* You're highly creative, with strong sales and interpersonal skills!
* You've got great communication skills both internally and externally.
* Professional phone etiquette, writing skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office, prefer knowledge of Delphi, FDC and Social Tables.
* Well organized, detail-oriented, with excellent follow-up skills.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.