Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill's protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
This is a full-time position located in Vernon, CA. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position. Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at .
Cargill Protein Group is the preferred meat supplier to retail stores, restaurant chains, healthcare facilities, colleges and universities, business and industry. Foodservice professionals throughout North America count on Cargill Value Added Meats for customer-focused meat solutions that blend culinary trends with labor-saving efficiency. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
FSQR Technician has an important role to play in the daily operations of our facility. Their primary responsibility is to ensure both food safety and food quality of everything we produce. In this role technicians are responsible for monitoring products throughout the production process, testing for quality and food safety. This job requires attention to detail, the ability to effectively communicate and uphold the high standards Cargill sets for the safety of its employees and products we produce. This position has the responsibility and authority to report any food safety or quality concerns that they have and has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. A position in FSQR requires working in a cold environment and standing for up to 10 hours each day with weekend work as required.
The principal job duties of a technician are all related to food safety and quality. Duties may include but are not limited to:
* Champion of personal safety and food safety
* Complete pre-operation and work alongside USDA
* Monitoring of products with fat analysis, shear testing, temperature and moisture checks
* Cook attributes
* Perform sensory evaluations of product
* Test and hold procedures
* Hold and release procedures
* Entering data into a computer
* Preventative maintenance on FSQR equipment
* May teach, train, or coach others on work activities, methods and procedures.
* Ensure all stakeholders follow GMPs, good housekeeping and maintain plant policies
* Maintaining a safe working environment
Qualifications - Internal
* Highschool diploma or GED and /or the 2 yrs manufacturing or other high paced broader range of skills
* Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
* Must be 18 years or older
* 12 months experience in manufacturing or other high paced environments. Measures ability to multitask and prioritize, quickly shift gears
* Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English
* Basic math skills
* Demonstrate the ability to multitask
* Decision making/problem solving skills
* Computer skills using Microsoft Office package
* Ability to lift 60lbs
* Ability to work in a cold environment
* Ability to climb ladders and stand/walk for long period of time.
* 2 years experience in manufacturing or other high paced environments.
* Previous food safety or quality experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet