Get ready for the BEST JOB you ever had!
Do you have a passion for preparing the highest quality food that is delighting Guests around the world? Are you interested in being part of a world class team committed to promoting from within and preparing you for a CAREER? If so, this is your opportunity to join the Ruth's Chris family and join the company that defined The American Steak House in 1965 and continues to set the standard for quality and being a great place to work.
What We Offer: Flexible and predictable scheduling, competitive pay, significant Team Member discounts, competitive health and vacation benefits, an inclusive work environment committed to diversity, structured career development, and growth opportunities.
What We Ask: Come to work each shift with a great attitude and ready to contribute to the success of the team, be willing to learn from your Coach how to excel at your job, and work with us to create an environment where everyone feels welcome and is able to experience the Sizzle that is the Ruth's Chris experience.
We are looking forward to talking with you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
* Obtains staffing and station assignments for all servers, service assistants, runners and bar staff from the Manager-on-Duty. Completes table/station chart with these assignments.
* Correctly completes all opening and side work duties of the hostess/host at the start of the shift, in a timely manner.
* Assists the Manager-on-Duty in planning reservations and assigning parties to appropriate tables, stations and/or servers.
* Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant and courteous manner. Correctly takes, confirms and documents reservations.
* Immediately recognizes and greets arriving Guests, obtains Guests' names, provides names to servers and directs guests to the appropriate waiting areas.
* Escorts Guests to their assigned table, to all Guests.
* Controls the flow of business by practicing rotation seating, anticipating table turns and following the reservation and seating plan.
* Accurately quotes waiting times to guests and correctly maintains the "wait" list.
* Informs Manager-on-Duty when waiting times are running over times quoted to our guests.
* Maintains cleanliness and organization of the hostess/host stand and lobby area throughout the shift.
* Monitors and enforces social distancing requirements in waiting areas as dictated by state and local social distancing regulations.
* Communicates to the Manager-on-Duty any and all situations where a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
* Acknowledges all departing guests and invites them to return.
* Answers phone to take orders from Take Out and Delivery orders.
* Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by Take Out Guests.
* Receives Take Out orders from Food Runner or kitchen staff, checks for accuracy, and addresses any inaccuracies.
* Correctly presents the Take Out Guest check and coordinates payment for all food and beverages sold with Bartender.
* Addresses any Take Out Guest complaints.
* Completes all closing duties in a timely manner.
* Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
* Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
* Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet - Hostess/ Host.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
* Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience
* Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all Guests
* Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
* Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
* Handle stress associated with responding to/solving problems
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
* Ability to read, speak, write, and understand communication in English
* Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares and equipment) at a minimum of 25 pounds
* Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
* Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
* Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally operate the telephone and use point-of-sale equipment)
* Work is performed in a restaurant
* Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
* Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and smoke
* Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree Fahrenheit
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris Steak House is an Equal Opportunity employer.