Product Development Technician
We are looking for an ambitious Prep Cook/sous chef to be responsible for the preparation of ingredients, workstations and generally assist with routine tasks in support of our Product Development team.
A great prep cook/sous chef will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
* Prepare ingredients and workstations with consistent precision in a timely manner; scale ingredients with accuracy
* Batch lab scale materials for sensory evaluations
* Maintain general organization and care of inventories and ingredients within PDFS
* Perform measurements and QC Analytics
* Ability to learn to use delicate kitchen equipment and analytical instruments
* Ability to take on additional responsibilities and grow with the role to support and participate in other Product Development activities such as sensory evaluations
* High School Diploma required; training from a culinary school ideal
* 3+ years as a prep cook
* Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
* Manual dexterity; able to operating cutting tools and kitchen utensils and equipment
* A team player with good communication skills
* Attention to detail and ability to follow direction
Additional Information & Requirements
This is a full-time role based out of our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.