* Knowledge of standards of food preparation and serving, and kitchen procedures
* Strong work ethic
* Work well under pressure
* Ability to work with youth in a positive manner
* Ability to work in a team
* Good communication skills
* Experience dishwashing for large groups
* Experience working with youth
* Ability to work well with others
* Experience working in a summer camp environment
BY THE END OF THE SUMMER, AN INCREDIBLE DISHWASHER WILL:
* Work productively within the time allowed
* Be efficient with minimal supervision
* Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
* Must be able to walk on uneven terrain for at least 3 miles
* Must be able to be stand for 8 hours (with breaks)
* Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from 30° to 100°
SCHEDULE: Temporary/Seasonal position. Applicants should be available June 16 - August 2, 2021 to work & live on-site at our Camp location in Northern California (Mendocino County). Please note that any offer of employment and/or start date are contingent on BGCSF's response to the COVID-19 virus. An offer may be rescinded or the start date adjusted, depending on the needs of the organization during this unprecedented global pandemic.
MEALS & LODGING: Lodging is provided for all staff on site. Dishwashing staff will not be required to stay in a cabin with youth on a regular basis, but will be assigned bunk-style indoor housing that may be shared with up to 8 other staff members. Three meals per day will be provided while on site, including on days off.
SALARY: The salary for this position equates to approximately $3,000 plus meals & lodging for the duration of employment. Additional information can be provided upon request. As a seasonal position, this position is not eligible for medical/dental/vision benefits.
Camp Mendocino is a residential summer camp located in Northern California. All Camp Employees are expected to live, sleep and work at Camp. Camp Mendocino provides meals and lodging for the duration of the employment period.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (BGCSF) is dedicated to providing children and teens with safe, fun places to learn and grow, with professional staff to offer support and guidance, serving as caring mentors and role models. One aspect of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco's programs is Camp Mendocino (our residential summer camp). Camp Mendocino is a nationally recognized program where staff members work with youth ages 8 to 17 of all backgrounds to help them gain the qualities and skills needed to become responsible citizens and leaders.
Camp is located four hours north of San Francisco and spread over 2,000 acres. We provide transportation between San Francisco and Camp at the start and end of the summer.
We offer a wide range of activities at Camp including: swimming, a four part challenge course, mountain biking, archery, dance and drama, arts and crafts, environmental education, sports, overnight camping, and much more!
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. View other exciting career opportunities with Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco by viewing our webpage at
The Dishwashing Staff assists the kitchen staff to maintain and clean all dishes coming through the dishwashing facility.
* Provides support to the kitchen staff as needed.
* Maintains a clean kitchen and dishwashing area, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes.
* Utilize COVID-19 cleaning protocols to disinfect all high-touch areas around the kitchen and dishwashing area.
* Follows all of Camp Mendocino's COVID-19 safety protocols.
* Maintains trash cans in the kitchen and dishwashing area. Removes as needed.
* Assists is timely sorting of deliveries
* Other duties as assigned