Service of food and/or beverage to include the delivery and order-taking of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
* Retrieve check from order taker, set table and pick up order from the kitchen or bar. When picking up, be certain that order is complete, i.e., all food, beverages, alcoholic beverages, and all condiments.
* Carry trays up to 30 lbs. or push wheeled carts to deliver room service orders to guests in a friendly and courteous manner to ensure guest satisfaction. After set up, present check and obtain payment. Delivers payment/signed check to order taker for closing.
* Set up room service trays and tables in anticipation of incoming orders.
* Monitor progress of quest dining experience and remove trays and tables from guest floors at appropriate time; return them to designated locations in a prompt and orderly fashion.
* Assist with preparation of guest amenities and deliver to guest rooms; remove when appropriate.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Trump National Doral-Miami from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the industry that we are in a need will occur for each associate to provide "Lateral Service". Our goal is to ensure that we are maximizing customer satisfaction and as a result there will be times when our associates in Operations will call upon us for support in order to ensure customer satisfaction occurs. When we are fortunate enough for this to occur, each associate will positively respond unless there is a chance that an opportunity resulting in dissatisfying a guest could occur. If this is the case the manager is to be notified and the level of support that is being requested will be obtained.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Attend mandatory meetings.
* Perform all assigned side work such as replenishing condiments and restocking side stands.
* Abide by all state, federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
* Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
* Keep work area clean and organized.
* Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Frequency Key: Never - 0 hours; Rare - up to 1 hour; Occasional - 1-3 hours; Frequent - 3-6 Hours; Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing stairs Occasional
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs) - up to 50 lbs. Frequent
Assimilate into Trump National Doral-Miami Cultural Foundation through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of CSCS. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
* Safety Shoes (slip resistant) preferred
* Use of gloves (latex, vinyl, plastic)
Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The resort provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
* Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
* Ability to communicate orally and verbally in English with associates and outside entities. Certain positions will require the ability to read and write in English as well.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
* Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 40 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
* Ability to operate beverage and basic kitchen equipment.
* Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
* Willingness and ability to taste food items relevant to the menu.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Prefer six (6) months to one year previous serving experience. Prior hospitality experience preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Food Handler Certification; Responsible Vendors Training; CPR Training preferred
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability is preferred, Spanish in particular.