In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all of our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun and creative! We enjoy providing a daily pre-shift family meal in each restaurant where everyone can enjoy each other's company before the service begins. Our culinary teams use the freshest ingredients, work closely with local farmers and fisherman, and create recipes that are approachable, yet inventive! We deliver products that are made fresh daily and use whole animal butchery in order to ensure top quality meats. Our restaurants make fresh pastas and breads in-house daily and utilize wood fire cooking to create memorable meals. Indigo Road believes that our employees are key to our success and we love to promote from within!
The Indigo Road Restaurant Group offers benefits to all full-time employees that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off, a Home Loan Assistance Program, a Hospitality School Assistant Program, and meal discounts at our sister restaurants!
Being the first and last person each guest sees, you have a genuine smile with a warming hello and goodbye. You are always on top of the organization for table times and ensuring each guests' seating specifications are met (if possible of course).
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Responsible for taking reservations using the online reservations system in Opentable
* Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival
* When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant
* When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party
* Notify party when table becomes available
* Provide guests with estimated waiting time
* Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible
* Seat guest based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations
* Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server's name. Inspect for proper presentation and completeness
* Relay messages to servers and sever assistants and managers as needed
* Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return
* Utilize the Point of Sale System for selling gift cards and to-go orders
* Perform daily cleaning tasks to facilitate the overall maintenance of the restaurant
* Act as a liaison between the kitchen and dining room
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* At least one year of experience in F&B
* Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, employees and all guests.
* Comfortable working with computers
* Patience and friendliness while handling phones and guests
* Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
* Ability to model and act in accordance with The Indigo Road guiding principles
* Constant standing/walking
* Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
* Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
* Constant computer/POS Register usage
* Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
* Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the host station
* Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
* Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Indigo Road, employment is "at will" or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That's means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause.
Indigo Road is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, sex, ancestry, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, family responsibility, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, personal appearances, tobacco use, matriculation or political affiliation, genetic information or any protected veteran status. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.