Executive Chef, Lumiere
Lumière, our modern American brasserie dabbles, mixes, and samples daringly in French tradition. Open for all-day service, Lumière is driven by the pulse of the season, using fresh, seasonal ingredients in refined dishes that combine French technique with California style, including vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options. The Lumière kitchen aims to be as local as possible sourcing food from nearby farms and producing on-site ingredients and herbs. Lumière offers uniquely warm and chic identities within - the brasserie for a longer stay, the patisserie for daily Parisian provisions, the bar for over the top Absinthe service to French beers and everything in between. Lumière's Events and Catering team offers customizable events with a number of private dining spaces, sure to woo 12 to 120 guests at a time.
What is in it for you:
* Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe.
* We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
* Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
* Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
What you will be doing:
* Concept and menu creation in conjunction with General Manager, Lumiere, Paul Quinn, and Senior Management Team
* Designing recipes for opening including costing, plate presentation in addition to ongoing menu development
* Implement and uphold standards & systems with daily food preparation
* Ensuring quality control & consistency with all food prep activities before, during and after service
* Hiring, training and management of all back of house staff members
* Review performance and provide mentorship of culinary staff to encourage highest standards of communication, consistency, and execution
* Coordinating culinary staff tasks, including opening & closing duties, prep-list execution, station set-up and maintenance and cleaning
* Implementing cleaning/sanitation policies for culinary space and equipment.
* Scheduling all back of house employees while reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
* Performing administrative tasks including but not limited to inventory, culinary payroll, ordering and maintaining vendor relationships
* Overseeing maintenance and functionality of equipment in kitchen facilities
* Work with company leadership to inform planning of monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts of food COGS
* Control and maintain appropriate levels of expense as it relates to food and culinary operations
Your experience and skills include:
* 4+ years experience in similar position
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - proven ability to lead purposefully and inspire and motivate staff
* Positive, team-oriented attitude
* Advanced knowledge of food & beverage principles and practices with preference for French cuisine
* Strong understanding of back of house systems, ordering and inventory
* Previous leadership experience in a unionized environment
* Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
* Available to work late hours, over weekends and on public holidays
* Certified for food protection in CA by applicable authority
Your team and working environment:
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the "Western White House," (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza's place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor's Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment.
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We commit to a future where diverse identities are celebrated, and equitable and inclusive practices are woven into the fabric of everything we do as an organization.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO M/F/V/D
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS