Life at PE:
ForrestPerkins is a luxury design studio with a focus on luxury and lifestyle hotels, restaurants and multi-residential properties. As a distinct studio of Perkins Eastman, we have our own brand and small firm feel with the operational support of a larger enterprise.
ForrestPerkins has an immediate need for a hospitality focused Intermediate Interior Designer in our San Francisco Studio.
The Intermediate Designer will work closely with other designers and architects on the project teams to which they are assigned to design, document and execute the project through to installation. The Designer will either work alone or with senior and junior designers to select and document furniture, finishes, and fixtures. They will also work with architects to envision, design, document interior architectural documents including construction drawing sets and finish, plumbing schedules, etc. They are responsible for the accuracy of their own work and the work of junior designers and interns to insure the success of the project. Reports to the Senior Designer, Project Manager and Principals in Charge.
* Works with collective Project team to envision the story and design for the project.
* Assists interior architects and design team in space planning, interior architecture and FF&E layouts and selection.
* Responsible for writing FF&E specifications; assembling information about selections, preparing detailed drawings of furniture for integration in specifications, preparing and issuing of specification packages and revisions. Prepares schedules relative to the interior design including finish materials, decorative lighting, bath accessories, door hardware, door and plumbing fixtures.
* Responsible for maintaining accurate FF&E and finish documentation during the project.
* Coordinates with the purchasing agent in answering questions and/or preparing information to answer questions for the design team and Project Manager.
* Keeps Senior Designer and/or Project Manager informed of all requests for re-selection or other requests for information from the purchasing agent.
* Reviews furniture installation plans and shop drawings for content and accuracy to ensure that they are fully coordinated with all pertinent consultant drawings.
* Reviews and approves shop drawings and samples (both FF&E related and contractor related) with final approval by Senior Designer and/or the Interior Architect.
* Coordinates with client, contractor, and project team, as appropriate per project.
* Responsible to review and conform to Owner and Operator Standards.
* Attends site meetings with owner, consultants and contractor inclusive of FF&E installation, as directed by Project Manager and/or Senior Designer/Architect.
* Responsible for internal presentation of project design materials to senior leadership for review.
* Bachelor Degree from a 4 year CIDA accredited Interior Design program or equivalent
* Minimum of 3-5 years of hospitality design experience
* NCIDQ certification or preparing to test; sitting for test is highly encouraged to be able to complete within 4 years of graduation
* MS Office Proficient
* Photoshop Proficient
* Auto CAD Proficient
* Revit- Proficient and/ or basic knowledge
* InDesign Proficient
* SketchUp Proficient
* Experience in hospitality design
* Experience in writing FF&E specifications, FF&E matrices, and budgeting
* Strong presentation skills
* Space planning & hand sketching a plus