Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
To ensure that all Banquets and other Food and Beverage outlets have the required quantities of sanitized equipment/supplies to meet the business needs of the hotel.
* Responsible for the efficient and effective running of the Steward Department ensuring that operating costs are minimized.
* To execute company and hotel policies and procedures relating to the Stewarding Department, thereby ensuring that the services provided achieve the established standards of performance, within the agreed budgetary controls.
* To advise the Food and Beverage Director on all matters relating to the Stewarding Department.
* To be responsible for a high standard of sanitation throughout the Stewarding areas.
* To assist the Food and Beverage Director in the preparation of the Stewarding Department budget. When agreed, should control all overheads throughout the oncoming year to report to the Food and Beverage Director all variances from actual and budget with reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
* To work with Food and Beverage Director on the purchasing of all cleaning supplies, china, glassware, cutlery and equipment.
* Responsible for storage, requisitioning of all materials and equipment
* Taking and calculating of material stock (inventory) as required.
* Reporting to the Food and Beverage Director all breakages, cleaning supply consumption, etc.
* In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Director, establish standards of performance for the Stewarding Department.
* Maintaining all equipment to a high standard, i.e.: dishwashers, burnishes, etc., and reporting to maintenance any defects.
* Previous experience supervisory/management experience required.
* Interior of hotel, in all Food and Beverage areas, with exposure to humidity and extreme temperatures.
* Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to food items and beverages.
* Must be flexible in scheduling to include, nights, weekends, and holidays