LOCATION: Valencia, CA 91355
Food Safety and Quality Responsibilities
· Report food safety issues to the Quality Manager and Facility Manager, or Director of Quality.
· Responsible to design, implement, conduct, and verify the effectiveness of Food Safety and Quality Training for all facility employees including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) code requirements.
· Lead Food Safety Team to coordinate and implement HACCP for all finished goods.
· Identify, issue, and track Corrective and Preventive Action requests to ensure gaps to facility programs are addressed and closed in a timely manner.
· Oversee the adherence of site to FSMA as the Preventive Controls Qualified Individual
• Perform required verification activities associated with preventive controls
· Responsible for coordinating & carrying out all customer and 3rd party facility audits and inspections of the manufacturing facility.
· Assist with support of customer visits as required.
· Oversee, direct, and verify / validate the implementation of SQF programs, including all supporting documentation, annual review of programs for SQF and FDA compliance, and continual monitoring of Production for compliance.
• Carryout &/or oversee the preparation and maintenance of site's SQF & GMP/FDA programs, and all the supporting procedures i.e., internal audits, updating SOPs, inspections, reports.
• Ensuring we follow programs (verification activities).
· Conduct regular Internal Audits, i.e., Monthly GMP, Security, Chemical Storage, FIFO - and review findings with Production.
· Environmental Monitoring Program execution and review
· Lead Sanitation Verification and Validation program
· Assist in complaint investigation and data gathering.
· Specification updates
· Respond and provide formula information to support regulatory requests.
· Ensure effective communication of all quality related information with other departments.
· Minimum of 3 years' experience implementing or maintaining adherence to a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standard, preferably in a specialty ingredient setting, minimally within food and beverage industry
· Demonstrated experience leading, or minimally participating, third party certification and customer audits.
· Bachelor's degree in a science related field, preferably food science, chemistry, microbiology, or biology
· HACCP Certified
· Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Certification
· Training or Certification in GFSI standard
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds,
sometimes more, with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.