The Banquet Captain supervises and assists in the service of banquet functions. Also, they serve guests in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
* Oversee the set-up of functions including checking of the physical layout of the room, providing the servers with the proper set-up information, and posting updated function sheets in the banquet kitchen
* Conduct pre-service meetings with staff.
* Meet individual hosts and make himself or herself accessible to the host for to help with all needs
* Complete china, glass, and silver requisitions
* Properly close all banquet checks and complete the captain's logbook at the completion of the event
* Oversee the cleanup of all functions insuring the proper removal and storage of hotel linen and skirting, props, and specialty china.
* Prepare and post daily room assignments for servers including specific times for set-up and service
* Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in the annual performance evaluations of the banquet servers
* Ensure the proper care, security and maintenance of hotel equipment through proper supervision of service personnel
* Monitor the staff's appearance, attitude, and degree of professionalism.
* Perform other duties as assigned