The one-of-a-kind Omni Viking Lakes Hotel in Eagan, Minnesota is already under construction and is expected to open in October! A substantial part of the 200-acre Viking Lakes mixed-use development, the destination is home to the Minnesota Vikings headquarters, Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center and TCO Stadium. The location is easily accessible from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, the Mall of America and airport, with additional uses for the planned development to include corporate offices, retail, restaurants and entertainment.
The 320-room luxury hotel will feature more than 35,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and pre-function space, including a 7,500-square-foot ballroom, a 4,410-square-foot event center and six two-story hospitality lounges for groups and meeting planners to utilize. From small board meetings, conferences and large galas or special events to Sunday football tailgates and more, the Omni Viking Lakes Hotel will accommodate groups of all sizes with its robust meetings offerings, multiple food and beverage venues, a signature spa and state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
Hands on training opportunity for someone to learn various aspects of the hotel business. This culinary position is a "utility player" who will rotate throughout various stations and departments based upon business need. Omni Culinary Care Interns are provided a summer internship opportunity that will result in guaranteed lead culinary placement at the end of the summer season based upon successful completion of the program. This position can be based out of a variety of Omni locations!
* Flexible in working various entry level positions within the property.
* Position may rotate between stations including banquets and restaurants.
* Attend to and anticipate guest's needs.
* Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in scheduling.
* Demonstrate excellent teamwork.
* Attend Omni Care Internship training and enrichment seminars through the summer season.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Perform any other duties as assigned by the Operations Leader.
* Competitive pay + sign-on and retention bonuses
* Complimentary set of knives
* Work with us, play with us: Receive 3 FREE nights at any Omni hotel or resort
* Weekly "Coffee Talk" with property chef to review progress
* Guaranteed Lead Culinary placement
* Housing options available at select locations
* Strong communication skills - both written and verbal required
* Strong customer service skills
* Previous experience in a customer service position preferred
* Willingness to learn and take on different projects
* Ability to adapt to changing environments
* Must be able to walk, sit, stand, squat, and lean during daily business for extended periods of time.