Hawthorn Senior Living currently has an immediate opening for a Regional Director of Sales and Marketing for our independent living locations in California.
Hawthorn Senior Living is a rapidly expanding senior housing company, managing independent living, assisted living retirement and memory care communities throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our company brings over 20 years of experience in the senior housing industry together with an exclusive company culture to create a dynamic and rewarding work environment setting us apart from other senior housing companies. Our number one goal is providing caring and compassionate service and the quality lifestyle every senior deserves.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the marketing and occupancy development of Hawthorn Senior Living communities. Through the hands-on management and training of the Sales and Marketing team members to reach our goal of 100 percent occupancy, while maintaining 100 percent resident satisfaction.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus plan. In addition, we provide a benefit package that includes paid time off and the opportunity to elect healthcare, dental, vision and disability benefits; as well as life insurance and a 401k plan with a match determined by Hawthorn Senior Living.
Hawthorn is a privately owned senior housing company. We pride ourselves on hard-work, integrity, operating with total transparency and believing that you never go wrong doing the right thing. We believe our commitment to people is the reason we have the highest occupancy in the industry. Our foundation of principles and philosophies don't work for everyone, but they may be just what you're looking for.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in marketing field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a supervisory position.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience as a Facility Manager or Administrator for Hawthorn or related sales/marketing experience; experience as a manager of an assisted-living or independent retirement facility.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with pre-rental marketing skills and ability to obtain census goals.
- Knowledge of all aspects of marketing which includes, but is not limited to: sales skills, advertising, census management, and public relations.
- Knowledge of senior housing market and demonstrates ability to work with senior residents in a caring and considerate manner.
- Ability to provide leadership and perform supervisory responsibilities such as hiring, terminating and conducting job performance evaluations. Demonstrates ability to direct the work of the Rental Management Department.
- Proficiency in computer use and relevant software applications.
- Proficiency in organizational skills.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet department deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Direct sales effort for all start-up facilities managed by Hawthorn Senior Living and ensure start-up facilities are 100 percent occupied, within 120 days or sooner, after opening.
- Establish policies and procedures for rental managers and update training manual as needed.
- Provide training to rental managers and regional rental managers on a regular basis.
- Direct and ensure that all pre-open marketing functions and preparing sites for rental management managers are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare sales/marketing training materials and present sales/marketing training classes for facility management personnel.
- Approve copy and/or edit all sales/marketing materials for corporate publications.
- Work through the appropriate channels when making major, company-wide decisions
- Make intelligent and immediate decisions when required for urgent rental management/marketing matters.
- Work with the appropriate departments to set grand opening dates and direct the marketing-related grand opening functions.
- Design and implement specific marketing plans for individual facilities with special needs.
- Interact and communicate with all employees and residents in a professional and respectful manner.
- Prepare annual departmental budget making appropriate staffing recommendations.
- Perform all necessary supervisory tasks including hiring, terminating and conducting performance evaluations.
- Ensure that new Rental Management Department staff members are adequately trained.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Supervise work and employment matters of the Media Resources Manager, Regional Rental Managers, Grand Opening Coordinators and Marketing Assistants.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effortlessly lead and manage under pressure.
- Possess the capacity to think strategically and implement strategic initiatives.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, train and implement.
- Capable of seeing the "big picture" and be detail-oriented, as well.
- Be creative, innovative, and progressive; be a good problem solver.
- Excel in communication both verbal and written, in a clear concise manner.
- Strength in managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Content to work independently with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and accreditation laws and standards.
- Ability to objectively collect and analyze data.
- Strong interpersonal and ability to engage with diverse staff.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume.
We do pre-employment background checks, employment verification, and reference checks. Hawthorn Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.