This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. All job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accomodate individuals with a disability.
Summary of Position:
* Responsible for the daily assigned operations of the café .
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist Cafe Supervisor as needed.
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Maintain inventory of the Fresh Cafe. Monitor stock levels and replenish items, and ensure rotation of perishables.
* Monitor vending machines in the courtyard, including stocking product and emptying cash.
* Handle register transactions, wait on customers, take and prepare orders, keep seating area clean (floors and tables), deliver food to customers, make coffee and popcorn, serve ice cream and icees, wash dishes, and help with morning prep in food area.
* Help with all opening and closing procedures (from setting up chairs in the morning to cleaning and restocking everything before going home regardless of shift.)
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs., load carts, and lift over head to fill ice in soda machine.
* Please note that duties in addition to the ones you have listed above may be assigned.*
* High School student or Higher
* Food preparation experience.
* Work with food processing equipment (fryer, grill, slicer, ect..)
* Prefer cash handling experience.
* Good math skills.
* Being able to handle confidential information within the department.
* Being able to work both indoors and outdoors.
* Flexible work schedule! Be able to work Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30, Thursday evenings for Free Family Night, weekends (Saturday & Sunday) Summer Break, and some holidays.
* COVID-19 vaccine required