Our client is hiring a Senior User Experience Designer for their office in Atlanta, GA. This is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates should send their resume (Word Format) along with salary requirements to Harold Miller at
This is a direct hire role. No contract candidates please.
As the Senior User Experience Designer and first UX team member, you will have a massive impact on the team and its users. You are a design thought-leader whose number one job is to solve user problems with empathy. You're a hands-on maker at the highest level of craft. Success in this role is defined by quality of the user experience including the impact, consistency, ease of use and beauty of the final product.
- Lead UX design and strategy for organization - provide thought leadership and set thevision for the user experience
- Collaborate with engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements,and provide creative, thoughtful solutions and design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Develop a deep understanding of the users through user research and persona/user profile development and communicate user needs clearly to cross-functional team members
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through launch and beyond
- Articulate user experience with scenarios, storyboards, low- and high-fidelity mocks,detailed interaction specs, and prototypes to effectively communicate the user experience
- Develop a systematic design approach to reuse utilizing patterns in collaboration with the engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of relevant industry experience designing across multiple platforms
- Experience designing for consumer experiences
- Experience conducting user research OR initiating and guiding research through a third party
- Demonstrated understanding and application of clean visual design following brandguidelines
- Experience defining design systems to ensure consistency across the experience
- Familiarity with designing for multiple platforms, such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS)
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritizework, with a collaborative and innovative approach
- Effective leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrate crafting high quality digital experiences through creating user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Master's degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product,industrial, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology or a related field
- Ability to balance user needs and business goals - must be a strong advocate for the user while aligning with the strategic direction of the business