As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling Bartender? As the friendly face of our hotel bars, you'll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you're preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you'll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
* Creating a warm and welcome to everyone and setting the tone for each guest's experience
* Prepare and serve drinks to high standards, and highlight promotions to guests
* You will recommend food and drink and help keep service on-track and up to standard.
* Work with your restaurant & Kitchen colleagues to offer a seamless food service
* Set up your bar - stock up on all the supplies you'll need, manage your inventory and make sure all your equipment works
* Adhere to established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guests and to control costs.
* Monitor guest behaviour and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
* Change beer barrels
* Look after your bar - keep it clean and tidy and make sure the alcohol is always secure
* Handle cash and credit transactions
* Look smart - wear your uniform with pride
* Be ready to jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
* Always follow safety procedures
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments. Formal bartending training preferred. Must meet state legal age requirements. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
* Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc)
* Moving about the bar, lounge and kitchen
* Bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
* Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
* Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, describing cocktail items, completing paperwork, etc.
* Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled