Within our corporate headquarters in Denver - Leprino is seeking a Senior Process Engineer on our Nutrition Technical Services team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of innovation, technological advancement, process improvement, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- The Senior Engineer develops and implements processes, procedures, and methodology to improve efficiencies and quality of produced dairy products.
- Handling medium to large capital improvement projects, partnering with plant and engineering teams to assure that quality products are being produced in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Providing technical support when growth, modernization and expansion occurs within nutrition production departments.
- Participate in and execute the innovation strategic plan in alignment with the company's strategy and goals.
- Lead capital projects and oversee project engineers.
- Act as the scientific authority for nutrition production and processes.
- Stay abreast of key development efforts in academia, regulatory, and industry, focusing on innovative technology and issues that may impact production processes and product functionality.
- Maintain close contact with developments in the field, obtaining information from a variety of published and unpublished sources.
- Champion cost containment and operational efficiencies while placing a high value on product quality and consistency.
- Improve quality, productivity, and speed of commercialization success.
- Develop training content and work with Leadership & Development team to implement training to all manufacturing facilities.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Food/Dairy Science, or a similar scientific subject area.
- Have experience with mass balance process flows & calculations, heat exchange (conceptual, theoretical, & applicable), and food or dairy packaging.
- Experience working with multi trade-based vendors and contractors.
- Experience with piping layouts, tank/storage handling, and fluid diversion, mixing of fluid medias specific to nutrition/dairy or CIP processes.
- Previous roles as a food or beverage processing engineer/scientist.
- The ability to travel up to 60% nationwide.
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We hope you also have:
- Authority on the nutrition-make process including proficiency on third party food manufacturing/processing equipment.
- Experience in whey protein or lactose manufacturing.
- Previous experience as a dairy process engineer.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering You In Return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
- At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically ranges between $102,000 and $123,000.
Leprino Foods' history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world's largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company." To help us achieve that bold vision, we're looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?